Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Installed passenger footboards today

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2006, 04:45 PM
SMSgt B
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Installed passenger footboards today

ORIGINAL: IndyHSC

ORIGINAL: SMSgt B

amazed that I had to drill the holes for the covers though.
That’s an 05 right; the bags look to be in great shape. My HSC is an 05 & the bags have sagged like an old ladies….um, well uh, never mind…they have really sagged. Again, good job, looks great!

John
John,
Reason the bags are in great shape is because it's an '06 with only 9 miles on it. Picked it up Jan 13 and been sitting in the garage since then.

V/r
George

Old 03-06-2006, 04:50 PM
SMSgt B
Road Master

ORIGINAL: 2goldens

I wanted to put passenger boards on my '02 Fat Boy. But I have the chrome inserts on the frame and the chrome swing arm nut cover. The directions stated that I couldn't use the boards without removing those items.

I just installed them on my fat boy with out any issues. I also have the chrome swing arm pivot covers and the chrome frame inserts. There is no need to remove them.
[/quote]
So what exactly did you have to get for the complete install? The dealer that I visited said that they couldn't be installed with the inserts and pivot nut cover, and I think he got that from the paperwork with the parts.
Like fatheaddon says, there sure seems to be a lot of parts to the kit! When I thought that I had everything off of the shelf for the install (according to the packaging), the guy at the counter kept slapping parts on the counter and telling me that I needed this, that and the other thing to complete the job. I told them to forget it and walked out.
[/quote]

I have read that all you "might" have to do is grind down the back of the bracket a little and it will fit.

V/r

George

Old 03-06-2006, 08:08 PM
Maddogs700srx
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ORIGINAL: Maddogs700srx

I wanted to put passenger boards on my '02 Fat Boy. But I have the chrome inserts on the frame and the chrome swing arm nut cover. The directions stated that I couldn't use the boards without removing those items.

I just installed them on my fat boy with out any issues. I also have the chrome swing arm pivot covers and the chrome frame inserts. There is no need to remove them.
So what exactly did you have to get for the complete install? The dealer that I visited said that they couldn't be installed with the inserts and pivot nut cover, and I think he got that from the paperwork with the parts.
Like fatheaddon says, there sure seems to be a lot of parts to the kit! When I thought that I had everything off of the shelf for the install (according to the packaging), the guy at the counter kept slapping parts on the counter and telling me that I needed this, that and the other thing to complete the job. I told them to forget it and walked out.

The parts used were as follows:

Softail Passenger Footboard Kit 50602-89B
Passenger Footboard Insert 50190-98
Passenger Footboard Covers 50246-00

Old 06-26-2006, 11:41 AM
OpenRoad_17
Stage III

I just purchased the pass floorboards for my heritage. Have a question that I hope you can answer. After installing the Saddlebag Relocation Kit and the floorboard bracket, did you mount the bracket of the relocation kit behind the bike frame or between the floorboard bracket and bike frame?

Old 06-26-2006, 12:43 PM
Softbutt
Tourer

Looks good Sarge..... Nice taste!!!!!lol

Old 06-26-2006, 02:48 PM
llbandit
Ultimate HDF Member

Hey Softbutt
Where did you get the luggage rack? Nice, I like it. I want one...
John

Old 06-26-2006, 04:25 PM
Softbutt
Tourer

Its the Harley luggage rack! Ordered from Jen at Benjys HD..... 20% off!!!!

Old 06-26-2006, 04:40 PM
SMSgt B
Road Master

Talk about bringing back the dead...

Old 06-26-2006, 06:02 PM
jwiz
Intermediate

well, i own a 05 fatboy with lowered vance and hines exhaust. so i started searching for floorboards for my flstfi. to my surprise, you cannot buy chrome support kits for flstfi. and since i lowered my exhaust, the black support kits for the flstfi will not work now.
i purchaced the chrome heritage support kits and they worked perfectly.
so keep in mind all fatboy owners with changed exhaust. the flstfi floorboard kit will not work for you, use the chrome heritage ones instead.
this advice beats trying 2 sets like i had to because the parts counter people didnt know forsure.

[IMG]local://upfiles/5168/63FA815754154174B4A06ADEA3DC5B74.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/5168/5A0E041619D54CD085F6A8632FD34A12.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/5168/98EE19DD05C64382B0C547A41CF16DC3.jpg[/IMG]

Old 06-27-2006, 05:24 PM
heavypic
Tourer
Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Hey Jwiz,

I have a 04 Fat Boy with V&H Big Shot Staggered Exhaust. I looking for passenger floorboards also. Apparently there is a special HD mount for the Fat Boy vs the Heritage. Did you check out the Fat Boy mounts with your pipes?

Thanks
Regards
AlbertG

Quick Reply: Installed passenger footboards today