Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Installed passenger footboards today

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2006, 07:47 PM
Keystone
Road Warrior
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Default RE: Installed passenger footboards today

I am going to go a different route with mine I think. I like the look of the Kuryakyn pegs. I'd love to leave the stock pegs on as they just seem to disappear, but I also realise that they are a tad small for LOML.

Look great though Flyboy.

Old 03-05-2006, 08:30 PM
marcus84
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That's a great looking bike!

Old 03-05-2006, 09:50 PM
Maddogs700srx
Cruiser

ORIGINAL: 2goldens

I wanted to put passenger boards on my '02 Fat Boy. But I have the chrome inserts on the frame and the chrome swing arm nut cover. The directions stated that I couldn't use the boards without removing those items.

I just installed them on my fat boy with out any issues. I also have the chrome swing arm pivot covers and the chrome frame inserts. There is no need to remove them.

Old 03-05-2006, 10:35 PM
Maddogs700srx
Cruiser

I am going to try to post a pic.

[IMG][/IMG]

Old 03-06-2006, 12:31 AM
Keystone
Road Warrior
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Thanks Marcus!

Old 03-06-2006, 01:00 AM
Reino
Ultimate HDF Member

ORIGINAL: SMSgt B

ORIGINAL: KBES BAGGER

What is that little dark square on the left side of your air cleaner? Is that just a reflection or what? I am talking about in this picture.

KB

had to run out there after you pointed it out....It must have been just a reflection

It looks like a sticker, BTW a nice ride. Would look nicer on a warm sunny day with you sitting on it

Old 03-06-2006, 01:17 AM
KBES BAGGER
Road Master

had to run out there after you pointed it out....It must have been just a reflection
Sorry man I did not mean to scare you. I know what it is like though, I have several pictures where you can see stuff in the reflection of the chrome, it takes me a couple minutes to figure out what it is.

KB

Old 03-06-2006, 02:51 AM
SMSgt B
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: fatheadonsoftail

Damn this floorboard package is more confusing than doing engine work!

Let me see if I have this straight.

I need to purchase the Kit, and covers and relo kit?

On the kit you got(50602-00) it says the kit includes footboards,pads and mounting hardware.

Was the only part you bought extra for that the Relocation Kit?

The part I am looking at 50357-04 looks like it needs insert and supports sold seperatly and I guess the relo kit.
With the kit you are going with, the only thing you should have to purchase is the floorboard kit and the saddlebag bracket relocation kit.

The minimum with my setup would have been the floorboard kit, saddlebag relocation kit, and covers. Yes it comes with pads, but I wanted the nostalgic pads to match the rest of my bike.

V/r

George

Old 03-06-2006, 09:53 AM
2goldens
HDF Community Team
Received 315 Likes on 216 Posts

ORIGINAL: Maddogs700srx

ORIGINAL: 2goldens

I wanted to put passenger boards on my '02 Fat Boy. But I have the chrome inserts on the frame and the chrome swing arm nut cover. The directions stated that I couldn't use the boards without removing those items.

I just installed them on my fat boy with out any issues. I also have the chrome swing arm pivot covers and the chrome frame inserts. There is no need to remove them.
So what exactly did you have to get for the complete install? The dealer that I visited said that they couldn't be installed with the inserts and pivot nut cover, and I think he got that from the paperwork with the parts.
Like fatheaddon says, there sure seems to be a lot of parts to the kit! When I thought that I had everything off of the shelf for the install (according to the packaging), the guy at the counter kept slapping parts on the counter and telling me that I needed this, that and the other thing to complete the job. I told them to forget it and walked out.

Old 03-06-2006, 10:01 AM
IndyHSC
Cruiser

amazed that I had to drill the holes for the covers though.
George,

Yeah, I could not believe I had to drill the darn things when I installed mine. Like anybody is going to run just those crappy looking cast aluminum boards with no covers. Although, drilling the holes would add another manufacturing process, & knowing HD, would probably add another 50 or 60 bucks to an already overpriced product.[sm=smiley35.gif] That’s an 05 right; the bags look to be in great shape. My HSC is an 05 & the bags have sagged like an old ladies….um, well uh, never mind…they have really sagged. Again, good job, looks great!

John

Quick Reply: Installed passenger footboards today