Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Deluxe laydown plate

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2006, 07:53 AM
cowboy Harry
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Deluxe laydown plate

Where can I get the best lay down plate for a Softail Deluxe that will clear the luggage rack???????? Thanks, hArRy.

Old 03-02-2006, 11:56 AM
flstniguy
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Deluxe laydown plate

I got mine for '05 Deluxe from Dennis Kirk. Looks/fits/works fine. About 15 minutes to install. Here is the link: http://www.denniskirk.com/jsp/produc...p?skuId=H27114

I don't think it lists FLSTN in the description of what it fits but it's the right one.

Old 03-02-2006, 02:55 PM
TRSpook
Advanced

The picture of the plate shows it mounted on the Deluxe....note the tail light an paint...

Old 03-02-2006, 03:39 PM
SHEP
Tourer

I don't know about the Deluxe, but for all my bikes I have made my own lay down licence bracket.
I use the lower section of the stock bracket. I simply put it in a vice and bend it back. I then drill two holes to access the mounting screws. I add a chrome licence trim and presto! Laydown bracket.

Old 03-02-2006, 09:52 PM
UltraScoot
Road Captain

Where can I get the best lay down plate for a Softail Deluxe that will clear the luggage rack???????? Thanks, hArRy.
I like and used the one from Drag Specialties I think most if all will clear the rack. I need to updat my pictures[>:] done alot and it dont show

I don't know about the Deluxe, but for all my bikes I have made my own lay down licence bracket.
I use the lower section of the stock bracket. I simply put it in a vice and bend it back. I then drill two holes to access the mounting screws. I add a chrome licence trim and presto! Laydown bracket.

Although I have seen the above done and does work, I didnt like the fact the back was not finished off and left that ugly lic plate showing...[:@] I guess i just like the Bling Bling crap

Old 03-02-2006, 11:37 PM
cowboy Harry
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I looked at the one @ dennis kirk. It looks like the one at J&P cycles, only in the pic it looks like it lays down more. J&P told me thiers only lays back 2". They are listed for the springer but Im thinking that the springer and deluxe have the same tombstone tail light.

Ive made em before too. But the stock one has the reflector on it which makes it taller, Im want to go shorter with out a ho lot of effert.

Old 03-02-2006, 11:47 PM
SHEP
Tourer

When I make my own I remove the reflector and drill two new licence plate mounting holes where the reflector was.

Old 03-03-2006, 12:10 PM
WARG
Elite HDF Member
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

got a curved laydown backplate and frame for $36.00 from Directparts.com. The brand is Kuryakan. Check it out to see if it fits the deluxe. The have several others as well.

Old 03-03-2006, 03:12 PM
flstniguy
Cruiser

The laydown bracket from Dennis Kirk is a Drag Specialties. Definately cleans up the look but one caution if you are interested. I put a Will & Max truck on the luggage rack and now it pretty much hides the plate completely, especially if the that trunk bag sags a bit.

Old 03-04-2006, 11:59 AM
SD2240
Novice

I got a Custom Chrome license plate and mounted it flat below the tombstone. Looks way better in my opinion. Next I need to get a tombstone that doesnt have the bracket attatched to it.

Quick Reply: Deluxe laydown plate