Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Screamin' Eagle Race Tuner

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2009 | 10:11 PM
oct1949
Club Member

never heard of installing the SERT, only, without doing the Pipes and A/C. at the same time..

Old 06-12-2009 | 10:26 PM
Zacharia_11
Road Master

Originally Posted by HaydenHeywoodHayes
My questions are...will I notice ANY difference at all riding the bike with the SERT and stock A/C and exhaust? Have I done anything that will harm the bike, or the coming exhaust hi-flow A/C additions? How stupid was I to do this..(no, don't answer that one...).

Also, I have been talking to folks about Screamin' Eagle slip ons, Rush slipons, V&H True Duals (fishtips)...some say the SEs are a waste of money, some say the Rush are too loud, some have the same criticism for the V&H. I know I am going to do what I want in the end, but when you changed your exhaust, what was it you were looking for, and in what setup did you find it?
I know of one other member who tuned his stock calibration with a TTS system, which is very close to SERT. He says he noticed a difference but I think it was more in rideability than performance.

No harm in doing a tune, all that will do is ensure that your bike is calibrated correctly for your build... which just happens to be stock.

As for pipes... good luck. I have seen lots of guys go thru lots of pipes on this forum. When I changed I wanted a pipe that wouldn't leave any performance on the table if I wanted to get all I could out of the bike.

Old 06-13-2009 | 06:12 AM
Z06_Pilot
Tourer

oh BTW, you DO have the SERT right? I mean, they handed it to you along with the interface cable and software when you left the dealership?

as someone else mentioned, unlike the PC commander and others, the SERT is used to program the ECM but does NOT stay on the bike. Just want to make sure your SERT is not still at the dealer.......