Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

FXCW - black staggered short shots

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2008 | 10:43 PM
Rail
Road Master
Veteran: Army
Default RE: FXCW - black staggered short shots

bad *** lookin bike HDFXCW.. Those pipes look awesome on there.. I looked at them as well but went with the BR2-1.. Kinda wishin I have got those now.. lol

Old 06-03-2008 | 11:01 PM
willyplumberboy
Intermediate

Hey thanks for doing that, I have been tossing around the idea of the black big radius 2 into 2 but didn't know if I could get away with the black and the satin. But I am totally going for it now. You are completely right when you talk about eliminating the chrome. With the silver you either have big chrome like Rail ( whick looks good ) or black out every thing you can.
I love the air cleaner too. I may be stealing a few of your ideas. Looks great!!!!

Old 06-03-2008 | 11:37 PM
hdfxcw
|
Cruiser

Don't know if you noticed or not but anything I had powdered coated that was gray ( seat struts and upper belt gaurd) became satin black and if it was chrome (saddlebag brackets and luggage rack) it became gloss black. My foot control levers and hand levers are also satin black. I'm trying to locate black mirrors with built in turn signals and eliminate front stock signals (any body help me?). My latest mod is I rounded over the rear license plate bracket and license plate to closely match the curve of the housing below it.

Old 06-05-2008 | 07:53 PM
willyplumberboy
Intermediate

Hey have you done anything to the other side of your bike?

Old 06-05-2008 | 09:17 PM
hdfxcw
|
Cruiser

Right side mods - Not really - I did intall satin silver finned headbolt bridge and as previously mentione the upper belt guard is now satin black. I have the parts to lower the rear end and have ordered the satin black signal mirrors (92068-08) from Lake Shore HD, so that I can eliminate the ugly front turn signals. Next winter I will be powder coating some more of the satin silver parts. In the future when I have serveral thousand dollars extra I want to intall a black springer front end with built-in rake so that I can strech the front end out about another 12". ***** have you done any other mods that I might be interested in.

Old 06-05-2008 | 09:50 PM
m i k e
Ultimate HDF Member

lookin good dude,cant wait to see the finished product

Old 06-05-2008 | 10:05 PM
slapps
Advanced

Cool pipes. The front, turn signal mirrors is also a sweet idea. Get 'em black. Black is faster. I'm putting the black short radius on my black Rocker C. Should be done within the next three weeks.