Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Passenger backrest concept for Rocker C trick seat???

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2008, 08:09 AM
AFFIANT
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Passenger backrest concept for Rocker C trick seat???

Alright folks with all the brilliant minds in this forum, someone has to be toying with a concept for a passenger backrest for the Rocker C. My wife is one of those ladies that does not have a problem with long rides on the back of the bike, but when I crack the throttle the tightening around my chest (from her squeezing the life out of me) is getting old. And truthfully, I don't want her to fall off.

I like the idea of the Rocker seat and passenger pillion set up, but what I'm not crazy about is the price. Zanotti's price is around $707 (with driver seat and support)shipped and of course the stealership wants over $900.00 that includes taxes. I thought our main man Gib was going to come up with another one of his awesome ideas, but I wasn't sure if this was one of them.

So I was simply wondering if anyone as tried to attach say for example, the flat duece style upright sissy bar and backrestto their trick seat.

Thanks and take care,

John

Old 05-28-2008, 08:53 AM
ChosenDFW
Tourer
Default RE: Passenger backrest concept for Rocker C trick seat???

check with rockerheadsteve

Old 05-28-2008, 10:15 AM
tk353
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I saw a two up seat for rocker that was a one piece that looked like it would work. I have a haulen *** backrest that I love.

Old 05-28-2008, 10:19 AM
jackusan
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I am looking for the same thing plus I want to see a luggage rack that will fit in the place where the trick seat pillion goes. That would be really nice to have. I think Rockerhead Steve has something he is working on.

Old 05-28-2008, 10:48 AM
AFFIANT
Advanced

Jack, I saw something in the catalog for a duece with a luggage rack. I just don't feel like spending a small fortune for a backrest. I'm wondering if the FXCW chrome passenger sissy bar upright(52804-08)could be attached to thechrome trick seat rackand then place the seatinto its normal position as designed.That way the two upright bars will be underneath the seat and will not interfere with anything.You would have a more secure backrest and at a cost less than $150.00.

John

Old 05-28-2008, 10:05 PM
doc1
Intermediate

corbin.com has two different seats. One has a backrest setup for the rider and passenger. The only problem is that it's very ugly. The other has a driver backrest but if you install that seat you have to give up the flip out trick seat. I'm sure there will more to come.

Old 05-29-2008, 12:48 PM
AFFIANT
Advanced

Thanks Ryan, but the Corbin seat is horrible. Looks like I'll bite the bullet and get the Rocker seat and passenger strut system, which isstill the nicest two up system around.

Old 05-29-2008, 01:05 PM
jackusan
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The only problem with the Harley 2 up setup is it has to be bolted on. It looks pretty comfortable, but I wouldn't want it sticking up back there with no one on it.

Old 05-29-2008, 01:45 PM
Rail
Road Master

Received 19 Likes on 11 Posts

ORIGINAL: jackusan

The only problem with the Harley 2 up setup is it has to be bolted on. It looks pretty comfortable, but I wouldn't want it sticking up back there with no one on it.
You got that right.. I have the FXCW with passenger pillion and touring seat/setup.. The pillion works well for backpack w/ laptop adn looks pretty good even empty... Add the touring seat and everything changes real fast.. Your cool looking bike now looks like a jackleg Honda from 1982... I've been leaving it off unless I have one of the kids with me.. When I meet someone out that wants a ride I just put em on the pillion/rack cuz I ain't out cruising with that seat on.. The funny thing is, the pillion rack says 25# MAX load.. I figure if I can put a 125# on the seat then the pillion should hold; and it has.. So far.. LOL

Old 05-29-2008, 06:21 PM
hdfxcw
Cruiser

I leave the struts and passenger seat off until I need it - about 10 minutes later we're ready to ride. She can polish while I wrench the seat on.

Quick Reply: Passenger backrest concept for Rocker C trick seat???