Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

softail traider---maybee

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2008 | 07:18 PM
captbobrcc
|
Cruiser
Default softail traider---maybee

don't get me wrong guys, I love my deluxe, but I feel like I am having an affair----with the rocker---damn I like that sled. thinking about giving the deluxe to the little woman and jumping into the rocker, but I do some long rides and want someone that has one to tell me he has riddin 300 miles on it in one day. tell me honestley about the comfort, because I have ridden the deluxe that far and it was pretty darn nice.some of the pice on here of the rocker with the v&h pipes (curved) make me drool, love that bike--but not yet convinced on the ride, feel free to weigh in on this one---thanx ---Cap

Old 05-27-2008 | 07:52 PM
Sleeko
Stellar HDF Member
Default RE: softail traider---maybee

[&o]Oh NO, say it ain't so []. . . jus kiddn'. Being the Deuce was my first love, I've got a soft spot for the RockerC as well. I'd take one out for a test ride and see whatcha think. Just sitting on the Rocker and Rocker C in the showroom, I noticed that the C had a bit firmer seat. Keep us posted.

Old 05-27-2008 | 08:06 PM
captbobrcc
|
Cruiser

I kinda thought the same thing, even just sitting on it I had doubts, because I do love my deluxe's low center of gravity and classic looks, hard to beat it--it's sporty and it's classic and it will also get out of it's own way, decisions,decisions decisions.

Old 05-27-2008 | 09:03 PM
Willyc.
Intermediate

Hello captbobrcc, Not sure if my memorial day ride i took will help or not, but here goes. Started out headed to a harley shop which is about 90 miles from my house.No Stops along the way, I was very happy when i pulled into parking lot. I was ready for a break. Bought what i went for, went back outside, stood for a few while somepeoplechecked out my ride......had to add that cause it makes buying it so much better when that happens........started riding in the big city looking for a place to eat. Saw lots of bikes and got more thumbs up and rolled into a mexican food place. Had a good meal and got a margarita.........then another.......and mounted back up. I was all smiles back to my town. Stopped for fuel and checked to see how i was doing on MPG. It was 41 btw. Rode probably another 40 miles just because.........then headed home. All in all, I put about 270 miles that day.Now, here's the thing. I was tired from riding. But i am new to riding and can't compare my rocker c with any other bike. But the more i ride it, the further i seem to be able to go without fidgeting around on the seat. Also, my bike is all stock, no windshield, and i ran an average of 80 mph pretty much the entire trip. [sm=icon_cheers.gif]Cheers Everyone!

Let's ride........[sm=biker.gif]

Old 05-27-2008 | 09:28 PM
rleather
Cruiser

captbobrcc,

I can't compare it to any other ride cause it's been so long that I've been out of the saddle of my earlier bikes. I can tell you, I really, really like the ride of the Rocker-c. I've rode a little more than150 miles in a day - up to 75 MPH (gently breakin her in). Have hd her almost a month now and quickly approaching the 1000 mi. service - dealer threw in gratis. The ride is confortable - handling awesome. Even the passenger seat gets good reviews from my better half. Her exact words were - "more comfortable than the softail I rode on last week - no complaints." Bought fell over when I heard that - figured after 30 minutes on that thing and she'd never want to ride again... My advice - now that the dealers are finally catching-up with the back-log of demand and production delays, try to find a dealer that will rent one to you for a weekend - the rest is history...

Old 05-27-2008 | 10:30 PM
Bar50
Cruiser

Well, I don't know about the ride on a Rocker, I haven't had the joy. On a similar note, in regards to your honey and the Deluxe, I have heard lots of dissent about the passenger pillion on the Deluxe. Gues that doesn't apply if you giver her the bike to ride.
Good luck