Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Who makes a nice custom frame for softail?

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2008 | 04:11 PM
sladerwilson
|
2nd Gear
Default Who makes a nice custom frame for softail?

I have a line on a wrecked Softail I can pick up for a song... all the running works are primo! What I need is a frame and forks. Sorta looking for a rolling chassis like Demon's Cycles makes BUT from the phone call I made to Demon's Cycles and from what I have read about them here on HD Forums I dare NOT spend a dime with them. Does anyone know of a reputable manufacturer that I might want to take a look at (one that makes a decent product without sticking it to me)?

This is the frame I was interested in:

http://shop.demonscycle.com/Shop/Con..._by/sell_price

If anyone can help I would greatly appreciate it!

Old 05-23-2008 | 07:56 PM
MCsMGs
Novice
Default RE: Who makes a nice custom frame for softail?

I bought a wrecked Fatboy and built a "custom" bike using a frame from Rolling Thunder, www.rollingthunderframes.com . Quality costs money!!! The welds on the Rolling Thunder frame are perfect and the build went together very easily because everything that needed to be attached the frame fit perfectly. Another huge plus was the help that the salesman I worked with was extremely helpful(Sam). They cost a little more than some frames, but in the end, I think I saved a lot of time and money by spending a little more in the beginning. Give Sam a call, you won't be sorry!

Check this thread out for some of the details of my project.

https://www.hdforums.com/m_2454223/tm.htm