Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Crossbones Progress....

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2008 | 06:03 PM
bogman
Cruiser
Default RE: Crossbones Progress....

That is bloody incredible, keep up the personalizing

Old 05-22-2008 | 08:12 PM
tnharley7
Road Captain

White Guy, the air cleaner cover and leather cover is simply awesome. Sorry the fender didn't work out, but I'm sure you will find one that you like sooner or later. What pipes are you running now? Why didn't the wraps work out, I thought they looked good on the style of the XBones.

Ratatude, post pics of the black short shots on the XBones.

Old 05-22-2008 | 08:45 PM
White Guy
|
Tourer

Thanks for all the good comments boys. I'm just excited to show you some finished shots. My buddy Jason has made a masterpeice out of that leather peice. It fits every contour of the frame. And it's his first ever leather peice.. lol. Talented *****..

TNH.. I'm running the Vance and Hines Shortshots. I didn't like the wrap, so I took it off. Everyone of my friends loved it, but I just wasn't stoked on it. I've started replacing all the bolts with the allen head chromes from HD. So figured, I'm keeping with the contrast look that HD intended. That being said, I do have something in mind for down the road, but I just dread the thought of removing those covers again. I didn't like the black on chrome. I plan on buying the black covers from V and H then wrapping them in the tan heat wrap. I think that will give it that old school look. But for now, I'm enjoying the chrome. I know others will mostly go with the black, so at least I'm different.. lol..

WG

ORIGINAL: tnharley7

White Guy, the air cleaner cover and leather cover is simply awesome. Sorry the fender didn't work out, but I'm sure you will find one that you like sooner or later. What pipes are you running now? Why didn't the wraps work out, I thought they looked good on the style of the XBones.

Ratatude, post pics of the black short shots on the XBones.

Old 05-22-2008 | 08:57 PM
White Guy
|
Tourer

I almost forgot. I also added the oil cooler. I really like how this thing goes on. I went ahead and got the chrome cover it comes with stripped and powder coated gloss black. I was really planning on running it without the cover, but now I'm digging the black.

WG

Old 05-23-2008 | 11:11 AM
White Guy
|
Tourer

Well, you could be our first customer Rat. The second leather peice should go pretty smoothly. We have kept all the patterns we've made, and now it's just a matter of cutting the peices and weaving them together. We could make a simple plain leather version, or the full on sting ray. Hell, if you wanted Ostrich, snake, etc., our Tandy Leather store has it all. I order my sting ray from Thai Land, and you wouldn't believe all the different die patterns they have. I have a really nice peice of Black Sting rey with the same white stain on it, that would work amamzing, if you wanted to stick with black. Also, we can cut out designs in the leather, and back it with designer leather. White stich, black stich, we can do anything. As far as the cleaner cover, we got that thing down now. I'm hoping to find a shop that stamps out steel, and possibly have a round air cleaner stamped out with a 6 shooter cylinder dimension. But, I think we'd be talking having to make 100's or even 1000's of them... I'll be posting finished pics of the leather by next wednesday for sure. So, you'll know more then. Glad you like...

WG

ORIGINAL: ratatude

Bike looks great, would be interesteds in the leather battery cover and air cleaner. Finally got my Black short shots on, the neibors love them at 5:30am when I leave for work

Old 05-23-2008 | 12:09 PM
n928kc
Advanced

hey, WG

count me in for a cover. I was at the dealer for 1000 mile service yesterday and sales & service was curious as to how much i liked my new bones. My reply was the only thing i find out of place is that plastic cover, they all nodded and said why not cover the plastic with leather.
I think id rather send you the few $ for a nice new one.

keep us posted and im sure you will have some takers, as of now, im a definite.

Old 05-23-2008 | 12:31 PM
ratatude
Cruiser

WG ...Sounds great !!! Just let me know when they're available ... Need to update the pic's on my Bones. Got the black Short shots and the Softail bag on it. Also mounted a fork bag on the bottom og the hadlebars right above the light. Hopefully gets some pics this weekend.

Rat

quote]ORIGINAL: White Guy

Well, you could be our first customer Rat. The second leather peice should go pretty smoothly. We have kept all the patterns we've made, and now it's just a matter of cutting the peices and weaving them together. We could make a simple plain leather version, or the full on sting ray. Hell, if you wanted Ostrich, snake, etc., our Tandy Leather store has it all. I order my sting ray from Thai Land, and you wouldn't believe all the different die patterns they have. I have a really nice peice of Black Sting rey with the same white stain on it, that would work amamzing, if you wanted to stick with black. Also, we can cut out designs in the leather, and back it with designer leather. White stich, black stich, we can do anything. As far as the cleaner cover, we got that thing down now. I'm hoping to find a shop that stamps out steel, and possibly have a round air cleaner stamped out with a 6 shooter cylinder dimension. But, I think we'd be talking having to make 100's or even 1000's of them... I'll be posting finished pics of the leather by next wednesday for sure. So, you'll know more then. Glad you like...

WG

Bike looks great, would be interesteds in the leather battery cover and air cleaner. Finally got my Black short shots on, the neibors love them at 5:30am when I leave for work
[/quote]

Old 05-23-2008 | 12:38 PM
White Guy
|
Tourer

Yes, get those pics up soon! It's great to see how these bones can really be personalized.. I'm loving it...

WG

WG ...Sounds great !!! Just let me know when they're available ... Need to update the pic's on my Bones. Got the black Short shots and the Softail bag on it. Also mounted a fork bag on the bottom og the hadlebars right above the light. Hopefully gets some pics this weekend.

Rat

Old 05-23-2008 | 12:57 PM
tnharley7
Road Captain

WG, I know you didn't like the fender that you worked so hard on, but do you have any pics of it on the bike..painted and all. Just curious what it ended up looking like. Also, on the leather cover, what are you doing behind the drivers seat where the passenger pillion would have went? I can see a half moon piece but it looks too big for a fender bib??

Old 05-23-2008 | 01:08 PM
White Guy
|
Tourer

You know, I didn't take any pics of it on the bike. I didn't wanna remember how it looked. Total failure, but hey, live and learn right! lol..

I'm not doing anything for the top where the passenger seat is. That Half moon peice fits exactly on the flat portion of the rear fender where the ECU mounts. I actually relocated my ecu, so that peice will fit flat against the fender, but that required cutting two of the mounting tabs off the ecu to create clearance so that the leather will not buldge up in the middle over the battery. I took a long velcro tie, punched two holes in it, and bolted it to the spring bracket. Now, that strap holds the ECU over the fuse box low and flat. I think we're gonna make a bulge for the ECU if we go to production with this thing. I'd hate to tell people to cut peices off their ECU.. lol.. But, it is the trick way to mount the thing. The leather peice allows for more space under the spring seat, and it looks nice from all sides. We've test fitted it, and just waiting to show you all the finished product. Our idea is to make these things for all softail owners. Anyone can buy the crossbones seat and mounting hardware, and use this peice.

WG

ORIGINAL: tnharley7

WG, I know you didn't like the fender that you worked so hard on, but do you have any pics of it on the bike..painted and all. Just curious what it ended up looking like. Also, on the leather cover, what are you doing behind the drivers seat where the passenger pillion would have went? I can see a half moon piece but it looks too big for a fender bib??

Quick Reply: Crossbones Progress....