Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Night Train Windshield

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2008, 03:46 PM
eddieflyer
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Night Train Windshield

Do windvests only mount on the risers or can they be mounted on the handle bar too? I have a one piece riser so the only option I can see is to mount it off the of handle bars. I have found someone selling a windvest I like but all the pics show it mounting on a riser, can the mounts be turned 90 degrees to mount horizontally on the handlebars? thanks

Old 05-22-2008, 08:43 PM
O6FXST
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The windvest mounts to your handle bars with two clamps,two allen head screws in each clamp. Takes 15 seconds to take off or put on. Does not leave any hardware on bike.Could not be any easier or simpler. Rick

Old 05-23-2008, 05:49 PM
jumporjerkoff
Tourer

Just dont do it....all my riding buddys have road kings, electra's even the odd jap thingy! they all laugh and joke...are we going to fast?
whats all that s@#t ! in your teeth?!! the usual stuff....but i know i ride the best looking harley on the planet !!! a Night Train is a piece of American art...dont f@#k with it, its a true individual...it stands alone...be proud and strong. Dont get me wrong wind sheilds have there place in the world...But the train bro, let it be.........

Old 05-24-2008, 07:43 PM
Cav Cop
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I always woundered if a small ferring would work

Old 05-24-2008, 07:47 PM
chop09
Tourer

BRAVE THE WIND!!

Old 05-25-2008, 06:13 AM
Cognizant
Tourer

Was your friends bike a night train too? If it was a different model bike with a different front end, don't use it as a comparrison.
I have an FXST (same as the train) I'm 6' and I've tried everything from 12" to 23" windshields. Only the 23" would provide smooth air around my head, but was so big it caused the front end to wobble when in a cross wind or in the turbulance behind vehicles, especially trucks. Whatever you decide, just remember, there's going to be turbulance/vibration on your body directly behind the top of the windshield.

Old 05-25-2008, 07:08 AM
George C
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

ORIGINAL: eddieflyer

Ok, so I never thought I would ever do this.....put a windshield on my bike. I've always loved the stripped down and nothing extra of my night train. Problem is I took a friends bike out for a trip last weekend and was impressed with how much the windshield helps. I love my night train too much to sell and get longer range bike but can't afford a second bike right now.But I'm alsonot as excited to go onlong rides(days) anymore because of the beatingI take from the wind rocks, etc.. So, for longer trips I'm thinking I might just get a windshield that I can put on and take off at every gas station, stop lights, etc.... I'm am asking you guys for advice. First and foremost I want something that will clamp on, nothing that is going to leave mounting hardware on my bike. What size should I be looking for? I'm 6 foot.I guess I'm looking for a fairly inexpensive one as I really only see myself using it two or three times a year. thanks for the help!!
I was too cool once....
Let the rest of those guys look cool while eating rocks and bugs, not to mention relentless wind.
Get a 14" X 14" clear Windvest.
You can hardly see it, it fits well with the bike and does enough of a job to make riding 100% more enjoyable.

Old 05-25-2008, 07:24 AM
djvargas
Outstanding HDF Member

I bought a quick release windshield from HD for my train. I hardly use it because it of the "look". Nighttrains and windshields really don't mix. I tend to use it only if I am going on a really long rides.

Old 05-25-2008, 09:33 AM
blackness
Cruiser

ORIGINAL: eod_punk

Heres teh one I would buy. http://*******.com/2auwef
That shield is the one I wanted too, but it doesn't work on the stock forks. It is for the Harley inverted fork front end.

I rode my train for about 8 months without a shield and finally put one on for long rides. Man I can't believe the difference in my fatigue level with it on. It makes riding at interstate speeds much easier and more enjoyable.

I agree with the guy that said get a clear one. I bought a memphis shades gradient blacksportshield and it looks like **** on my bike. It hides the top tree and riser and makes it hard to tell its a Harley coming at you on the road. I wish I had went ahead and spentthe extramoney on the Windvest clear shield...

Old 05-26-2008, 01:21 PM
Swedish Night Train
Intermediate

GEORGE C ! How tall are you ? I am planning to do some longer trips and you dont notice that wind vest that you have on your bike and is yours a 14 " ( the screen I mean )

Quick Reply: Night Train Windshield