Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Interesting article

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2008, 09:55 PM
Vikingnomad
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Interesting article

FXSTC forever....

Da Bone

Old 05-19-2008, 11:16 PM
Rail
Road Master
Veteran: Army
Received 19 Likes on 11 Posts

I'm not going to get into a pissin match on this but I will say, I bought a Rocker.. I've owned rigids and 61 low rider.. I've got several pals that have Dueces.. I've read all the posts about how HD really blew it when they discontinued the Duece and I agree.. the Duece had a great look..When it comes to ride, this Rocker beats the Duece hands down and that's coming from Duece owners.. The look might not be for everyone.. I've only seen a couple of Fat Boys that looked sweet.. Softail Customs look like something my grandpa would ride.. TO ME.. It's just my opinion.. I think to continually slam the Rocker just cuz it's new and different is wrong..

In the end, I thought it was about a brotherhood and the joy of riding an HD.. Well cept if you're ridin a Sporty.. Just kiddin.. lol

Carry on with the bashing...

Old 05-19-2008, 11:28 PM
riden2low
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I like the looks but I think what throws a lot of people off is that ugly seat. Me? I would get that *** down low

Old 05-20-2008, 12:07 AM
BoneCrusher
Road Master

ORIGINAL: Rail

I'm not going to get into a pissin match on this but I will say, I bought a Rocker.. I've owned rigids and 61 low rider.. I've got several pals that have Dueces.. I've read all the posts about how HD really blew it when they discontinued the Duece and I agree.. the Duece had a great look..When it comes to ride, this Rocker beats the Duece hands down and that's coming from Duece owners.. The look might not be for everyone.. I've only seen a couple of Fat Boys that looked sweet.. Softail Customs look like something my grandpa would ride.. TO ME.. It's just my opinion.. I think to continually slam the Rocker just cuz it's new and different is wrong..

In the end, I thought it was about a brotherhood and the joy of riding an HD.. Well cept if you're ridin a Sporty.. Just kiddin.. lol

Carry on with the bashing...

Well said Rail. I think sometimes us HD owners have such a fierce loyalty to the model we ride that sometimes we forget that it should really be about the brotherhood and joy of riding a HD like you said. There are only a few models that move me and many, many more that I look at and can't think of any circumstance that could arise that would make me ride these models. Either way opinions are like pissing in the wind. Boil this whole thing down to it's bare essentials and all that matters is that you are on two wheels out there on the road with me (HD of course). The countless different kinds of HD's and the way we make them our own is something I appreciate and am proud to be a part of, be it a bike I'd never ride or the bike of my dreams I appreciate them all. If it speaks to you and is an extension of you then your bike is cool.

Old 05-20-2008, 06:51 AM
sandman2004
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Girls bike

Girls bike it looks that way after the article I read the chick spoke highly of it and enjoyed the relaxing ride oh well to each hie own

Old 05-20-2008, 08:55 AM
rockerheadsteve
Outstanding HDF Member

That article is old and not worth discussing. That chick has a article on the entire 08 line up. And the rocker is her favorite, which is the same outcome and opinion no matter what reporter,(male or female) they got to test ride them. Same thing Corey Hart and that other dude (motorcycle chat) said. The rocker had the ride, hands down. If they come up with something easier to ride, I'm sure a woman would lean toward the easiest to ride. SO WHAT?

Old 05-20-2008, 09:10 AM
rockerheadsteve
Outstanding HDF Member

ORIGINAL: HD7585

The new chick bike??? [&:] [sm=smiley3.gif]

Old 05-20-2008, 10:00 AM
flyburch
Road Master
Received 75 Likes on 22 Posts

i wonder how many rocker owners in the forum are women. ive seen one now. as for being a "chick bike" i think it is a great bike for a woman. there are oher harleys also that are great for women that doesnt mean that every male that has a sporty should sell it because women own it. nor the fat boys nor the ultra glides and so on.. i think if this bike makes it easier for some women to ride then great.. you know it is a harley people have to get over it. people on the forum are doing great things to make them look really sharp .. there are some of the harleys that i dont like that much either but i dont go bashing them... anyway like i said i love mine wouldnt change getting it again.. as far as the fat boy and the rocker go since i have both. the fat boy is more comfortable than the rocker. thats because i changed the seat on it the original was uncomfortable.. rocker doesnt have that many choices yet for seats ... as far as handeling the rocker kicks a$$ much nicer control not that the fat boy isnt great handeling i think the rocker is better just my opinion and i love them both. thats why i have both..

Old 05-20-2008, 10:14 AM
barjbar
Elite HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

That's why Harley makes so many different models - to appeal to the largest market it canand you'llbuythe one you like. We've all chosen our model for whatever reason. The Rocker's a fine bike.

Old 05-20-2008, 11:15 AM
SCJE8
Club Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I think the Rocker is a beautifulbike and carries on the HD tradition of innovation and personalized styling...but it is simply not my style! I have a Fat Boy and I am very bias and partial to that model. That's simply human nature! Bagger riders make fun of us softail riders...and we all make fun of Sporty and V-Rod riders! But in the end we're all riding Harley-Davidsons and share the same pride in our specific machine that unites each and every one of us! Plus...we're all broke because of our passion for HD!

Now...let's get out there and make fun of those pu$$ies riding metrics!

Steve

Quick Reply: Interesting article