Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Passenger Floorboards or Footpegs?

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2008, 02:45 PM
Loud1
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Passenger Floorboards or Footpegs?

ORIGINAL: PoorBoy

Folks are skipping over an important part of this.

Your wife needs to be wearing a more rigid boot, with some thicker socks. The socks, or even gel-pads, will give some cusion, and a stiffer sole will help from developing "bird feet" that want to wrap around a round peg.

Enlarging the peg's pad area will help, plus you canrotate them to a comfortable angle for how she likes to position her feet.

If she is riding with sneakers or something soft-soled like that, it will always hurt. Also she should check herself with how much weight (or pushing off) she is doing on the pegs. Ideally, her feet are simply "resting" not bracing against the pegs (or boards) or somehow constantly pushing against them. Foot fatigue should lessen after some careful observations.
Exactly what I was thinking . Tell her to sit down , your not supposed to stand on the pegs

Old 05-14-2008, 02:50 PM
mikef
Cruiser

ORIGINAL: Loud1

Your wife needs to be wearing a more rigid boot, with some thicker socks. The socks, or even gel-pads, will give some cusion, and a stiffer sole will help from developing "bird feet" that want to wrap around a round peg.

Enlarging the peg's pad area will help, plus you canrotate them to a comfortable angle for how she likes to position her feet.

If she is riding with sneakers or something soft-soled like that, it will always hurt. Also she should check herself with how much weight (or pushing off) she is doing on the pegs. Ideally, her feet are simply "resting" not bracing against the pegs (or boards) or somehow constantly pushing against them. Foot fatigue should lessen after some careful observations.
Exactly what I was thinking . Tell her to sit down , your not supposed to stand on the pegs
I will talk to her about that and getting some boots as soon as she gets home from picking up the kids from school.

This is our first Harley. She hasnt been on a bike in about 10 years..... She used to ride on her dad's 1951 Pan Head that he has had since he bought it new. So I am sure she never thought about how much weight she is putting on her feet. I will take to her.

That along with some boots and some new wider (better looking) foot pegs should do the trick.

I just want her to be comfortable.... If she is comfrotable we will ride more. So far she loves ourbike and loves to ride.

Old 05-14-2008, 02:52 PM
mikef
Cruiser

Do you have a part number to the rear pegs in your signature pic?

Those look nice.

Old 05-14-2008, 03:17 PM
Harley_Dude
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 102 Likes on 68 Posts

Bet ya ten bucks if you ride more than a short distance floor boards are the only thing gonna make momma happy. Lets say I've been there done that. That's why I have two bikes one for me and momma (comfy seat and boards). And one for just me.

Old 05-14-2008, 03:38 PM
Mr.Twisterman
Intermediate

I bought these pegs for my bike, Part# 50576-05 from HD my wife really likes them.

Old 05-14-2008, 03:53 PM
mikef
Cruiser

ORIGINAL: Mr.Twisterman

I bought these pegs for my bike, Part# 50576-05 from HD my wife really likes them.
Yeah I was looking at those too..... but I dont think they will fit on my bike. The mount location needs to be sideways for my bike. Does that make sense?

http://www.harley-davidson.com/gma/g...bmLocale=en_US

Old 05-14-2008, 03:55 PM
DanDeuce
Road Captain

Kuryakyn makes some mini-wings that might work for you . This may or may not be a good place to buy them , it's just the first listing on the search I did .

http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com...&WT.srch=1

Old 05-14-2008, 03:56 PM
PoorBoy
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

ORIGINAL: mikef

Those look nice.
Sure thing man, mine are HD #50576-05 (just like Twisterman's). I actually bought two sets; one to replace the stock passenger pegs, and the other set are mounted to my engine guard.

As soon as I read your first post, I thought I caught ya with a pair of sneakers involved. Like others have said, boots are the BEST way to go. Even down here in HOT Florida, wife & I wear blue jeans and boots. Boots will remove a lot of foot ache.

[sm=icon_cheers.gif]

Old 05-14-2008, 04:04 PM
mikef
Cruiser

ORIGINAL: mikef

Those look nice.
Sure thing man, mine are HD #50576-05 (just like Twisterman's). I actually bought two sets; one to replace the stock passenger pegs, and the other set are mounted to my engine guard.

As soon as I read your first post, I thought I caught ya with a pair of sneakers involved. Like others have said, boots are the BEST way to go. Even down here in HOT Florida, wife & I wear blue jeans and boots. Boots will remove a lot of foot ache.

[sm=icon_cheers.gif]
My brother and dad keep telling me to get boots.... they just look so hot. We ride in Blue Jeans but just not the boots. I guess its time to get some boots. Thanks for the advice.

How did you get those foot pegs to go on your bike. They dont look like they will fit to me. The mount is the wrong direction.

Old 05-14-2008, 04:07 PM
mikef
Cruiser

ORIGINAL: DanDeuce

Kuryakyn makes some mini-wings that might work for you . This may or may not be a good place to buy them , it's just the first listing on the search I did .

http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com...&WT.srch=1

Wow Thanks....

These look perfect. I really wanted to stick with HD pegs but these look like they are perfect.

Thanks again.

Quick Reply: Passenger Floorboards or Footpegs?