Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Softail vs. Dyna Glide

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2004, 05:05 AM
jdrslyr75
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Softail vs. Dyna Glide

I plan on purchasing a new bike in the next couple of months. I have narrowed it down to two models: the Dyna Super Glide Custom and the Softail Standard. I like the Softail because it is raked out more than the Dyna and has forward controls. Both bikes fit me well and the forward controls feel more comfortable but I am wondering how I would like them on an extended ride. I'm looking for a cruiser that is a joy to ride back and forth to work (11 miles one way) and also will be comfortable on weekend day trips. If any of you guys have any experience with these two bikes let me know what you think. I would also like to add that this will be my first street bike if that is any help. I've been riding dirt bikes all my life and I'm ready to get out on the pavement.

Thanks,
Jeremy

Old 10-04-2004, 07:25 PM
skank
Stage II
Default RE: Softail vs. Dyna Glide

well my night train is pretty much the same as a standard with the exception of the drag bars and it isnt that bad to ride for extended lengths, however the reach it takes to ride with the drag bars gets to your shoulders and neck, i have ridden a few dynas and as far as the give in the suspension the dyna is the way to go, however i wouldnt give up the looks of a softail for a lil more comfort.

Old 10-10-2004, 08:18 PM
breaknbad
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I own a duece and i love the foreward controls. If you get a bike with mid controls you will have to get highway pegs to be comfortable for the long haul.Check different bikes for comfort. My brother in law owns a 2004 dyna wideglide and the foreward controls are a little too foreward for him but my foreward controls on my duece fit him perfect. I prefer his. I am taller than he is.
Personaly i like the softail look,sit on different models and see what fits you best
Good luck,
David

Old 10-11-2004, 02:10 AM
jdrslyr75
Novice

I sat on a wide glide and also thought the controls were too far forward but the deuce and the standard fit perfect. I am 5' 10" with a 33" inseam and I had trouble even reaching the controls on the wide glide i sat on. It was used though so it may have been altered to suit the previous rider who must have been very long legged. Thanks for the replies. I guess I'll just have to go demo ride some bikes and fight the sales people off until I find what fits.

Jeremy

Old 10-21-2004, 03:22 AM
BClem
Banned

Bravo! Make the Harley sales people do their job... Remember, without your purchase they would probably be hanging wallpaper.

I have expounded plenty about the 88B engine here.

BClem