Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LOWERED ROCKER C AND OTHER MODS

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2008 | 12:14 AM
gadawgsfan
|
Cruiser
Default RE: LOWERED ROCKER C AND OTHER MODS

rockerheadsteve: same to you,so now we both have rockin scoots

rleather: be my guest, you can copy any of these mods, let me know if you need any help or part numbers.

sidewinderr: yes i did it myself, no it was not easy, the hardest mod i have done. arlen ness part # 17-100..start with bike on a stand and be sure it is very securebecause the bolts that hold the shocks in place are bad to the bone, it took everything i had to bust them loose. once removed you will need a press to put the shocks in to remove the retaining ring and stud, and replace with the new studs. put it back in the pree and reinstall the retaining ring, install shocks back on the bike. once installed you can adjust to your liking fairly simple, with a couple wrenches. the directions that come in the kit are pretty good.

Old 05-16-2008 | 09:23 PM
gadawgsfan
|
Cruiser

a few people have ask for step by step instructions on lowering the scoot here it is
http://www.arlenness.com/pdf/17-100.pdf any questions just ask me and i will be glad to help

Old 05-18-2008 | 12:52 AM
j_k_lynn
1st Gear

Hey guys, fairly new to this site. Been reading the threads but just decided to register.

Bought 2008 black rocker c. Looks pretty damn close to gadawgsfan but i put drag bars on mine. anyway was wondering if any of you have put a side mount license plate on. I have been looking and found a few that i might try. Just wanted to hear some input.

I'll get some pics on here a bit later. Bikes going to the shop for 1K service and some more accessories that just come in.

Old 05-18-2008 | 12:54 AM
j_k_lynn
1st Gear

oh by the way gadawgsfan

GO Tigers!!!
Had to throw that in there

Sweet bike!!!

Old 05-18-2008 | 10:11 PM
gadawgsfan
|
Cruiser

j_k_lynn, i think we would had give you a better game than what you had in the championship game. we are coming for you this season..

thanks for the compliments on the bike, i got a side mount plate for mine, but i dont want to install it until i figure out what to do about the holes in the fender

Old 05-19-2008 | 02:29 AM
j_k_lynn
1st Gear

No doubt that yall would have given us a run for our money. I think yall should have been there. I must admit, yall were robbed.

anyway, about the side mount plate....which did you get??? about the holes, I just ordered that Kuryakyn hole cover upper thing
https://www.kuryakyn.com/products.as...ey&ci=3909
not sure if im gonna go that route yet but it was only $20 so what the hell.
I cant for the life of me decide on a side mount. i dont think the kuryakyn will fit the rocker. the rocker swing arm isn't competely round...it has an oval type shape. and i also dont want a light. i want a curved vertical one, not to flashy but cool.
these are a couple ive been looking at

http://www.heartlandbiker.com/plateholders.shtml wish this was curved and that is a LOT for a LP bracket/frame ($219)
http://www.customchrome.com/catalogs...l.asp?page=259 would like one of these if they came without light (PN 640900)

anyway, let me know what you think and give some details on yours.

Old 05-19-2008 | 05:25 AM
tvonderweid
Novice

JK Lynn. just chopp off the fender and you won't have to worry about the holes...

Very curious to see how it looks with the drag bar, was thinking about installing those aswel...

Old 05-19-2008 | 06:52 AM
j_k_lynn
1st Gear

TV Im gonna wait til this weekend to post any pics. got some parts coming in and will be in the shop tomorrow.

I think the drag bars really set it off. im really glad i did that.

I still want to hear some feed back on the side mount license plate.

Old 05-19-2008 | 10:14 AM
gadawgsfan
|
Cruiser

j_k_lynn, mine came from ebay, i think mike had the post on here with the link, ill try to find it, it mounts to the upper belt guard bolt, i havent done it yet, not until i get something for the holes. i do like the cover you found, i may do some more checking.
the holders you have found, i dont think they will work, they have round mounting holes instead of our more oval styleframe.
it will be done soon i hope.

Old 05-19-2008 | 01:23 PM
souljah
Cruiser

well man that is one mean ride it kicks *** yet again more power to the rocker to bad for the na sayers it will be pretty hard to ditch that bit of art nice work my man looking forward to see the new pics[8D]