Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Considering Heritage Classic as first bike

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2008, 12:23 PM
AF Rider
3rd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Considering Heritage Classic as first bike

I just wanted to get some advice. I'm overseas right now but will be buying a Harley as soon as I get back. I really like the look of the Heritage Softail Classic. I just wanted to get some advice about it. Road King was another Harley I looked at for a while, but I really think the Heritage is a sexy.

My background on motorcycles is almost none. I've ridden a V-Star a few times but just as I was getting ready to buy my first motorcycle, I got orders to Korea so I put it on hold (that was actually for the better so I could save up money and buy a Harley as my first). I'm about 6'2" and, from what I could tell, this would be a pretty comfortible ride. Granted, I won't know for sure until I can check it out in person, but I figure I'll get some insight from ya'll.

Old 05-07-2008, 12:34 PM
aarrowhead10
Cruiser
Default RE: Considering Heritage Classic as first bike

I am new to HD as well and just bought a Heritage Classic and added a stage 1. I am 6'3" and it fits me very well.
You do need to try out others but the Heritage is a great choice.

Old 05-07-2008, 12:34 PM
SOCALHD
Road Warrior

The Heritage Classic is an excellent choice.
I bought one as my first motorcycle and have enjoyed every minute of riding. Very comfortable for long or short rides. 2 up is also comfortable.

Old 05-07-2008, 12:55 PM
SFarace20
Cruiser

The Heritage was my first Harley as well, it is a great choice!!!

Old 05-07-2008, 01:06 PM
krub6t9
Extreme HDF Member
Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts

The heritage was my first bike after i got back to riding (25 yrs ago) looked at the rkc but just liked the way the heritage felt and looked. i have a stage 1 sert and v&h true duals. I have done several 300+ mile trips with no problem. you will enjoy it.

Old 05-07-2008, 01:12 PM
Dixie Dreg
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I love the Heritage, it was my second choice. I don't think you can go wrong with one.

Old 05-07-2008, 01:28 PM
barjbar
Elite HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have a RK and a Heritage. I love them both and they're different.My Heritage is getting compliments almost every time I park it. The RK has a slightly better ride, the Heritage seems a bit more stable on the freeway, and the Heritage's low frame means I have to turn a bit more carefully to avoid scraping the foot rests on turns.

Old 05-07-2008, 01:48 PM
RDKingRider
Extreme HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

AF Rider, I forgot to tell you THANK YOU for your service. It is always an honor to meet with our service men. The Heritage is a great bike, like eveyone is telling you they have a place among all of us. My wife rides a new Heritage and is loving it. I have been spoiled by the RoadKing, but I can't help but have a certain feel for the Heritage Classics. They can change there looks better than any other bike around.

Old 05-07-2008, 01:49 PM
screamn_eagle
Outstanding HDF Member

my first harley was a 2000 heritage. i rode it from philly to miami in 2 days, putting 750 miles in the saddle the 2nd day. it is an awsome ride....you may check out other models, but i promise you will go back to the heritage.

Old 05-07-2008, 02:22 PM
TAWoody
Tourer
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Check out the Deluxe too. I like it better than the Heritage. The Deluxe's seat and ground clearance is lower to the ground giving it a sporty/cool look and ride. Not to mention buying a heritage means getting all of those extras that the Deluxe doesn't have as standard. With the Deluxe you can buy all those accessories yourself but you're not restricted to buy what Harley decides to give you. I didn't want a cookie cutter bike that everyone else was going to have. It's kind of a waste of money to buy those stock parts on the bike then go buy different stuff and try to sell the stock crap at a loss. Just my opinion. Plus white walls are cool.
|
|
|
V

Quick Reply: Considering Heritage Classic as first bike