Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Helmet help

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2008 | 08:54 PM
racngrn
|
Cruiser
Default Helmet help

I'm looking for a new helmet and am having a tough time finding one that doesn't feel like its floating ten feet above my skull. I've tried the Bell Drifter, Bell Shorty and several of th HD helmets , but can't find one that tucks down low without being too much like a full face. I've seen them on the road, so I know they exist. Any recommendations?? Thanks

Old 04-28-2008 | 09:19 PM
Pooh AKA Bear
Road Captain
Default RE: Helmet help

Try http://www.carbonfiberhelmets.com/ and I'll think you'll find what you've been looking for!! [sm=signs003.gif]

Old 04-28-2008 | 09:26 PM
tim002
Novice

I definitely you what you mean about the "floating"...looking for a new helmet myself...the one I have now looks silly, like I got a mellon on my head.

This looks pretty cool "nolan outlaw" not sure how it fits..

http://www.ridegear.com/rg/item/F-20...SRC-CJproducts

Thoughts anyone?

Old 04-28-2008 | 09:44 PM
*NIGHT TRAIN*
Ultimate HDF Member

Just get one that fits you right...doesn't matter which one it is, weALL look like the "Great Gazoo" in a helmet...if you think you don't, you're just fooling yourself...and if your friends say you don't, they're just lying and being kind...please do the same for them...[sm=laughingsmilie.gif]

Old 04-29-2008 | 01:37 AM
Ruralmed
Road Captain

If you want a DOT/SNELL approved helmet, your going to have a mushroom head, very difficult to wear and look cool. Night Rider nailed the image:The Great Gazoo...lol. Iknew there was a reason I opted for the full face helmet.You can opt for the carbonfiberhelmet link and play stupid with the cops that stop you.

Old 04-29-2008 | 01:53 AM
back again
Seasoned HDF Member

Carbon fiber helmets are DOT approved Ruralmed. You can buy them either way. That's from carbonfiberhelmets.com. I don't know about other helmet mfgs.
ORIGINAL: Ruralmed

If you want a DOT/SNELL approved helmet, your going to have a mushroom head, very difficult to wear and look cool. Night Rider nailed the image:The Great Gazoo...lol. Iknew there was a reason I opted for the full face helmet.You can opt for the carbonfiberhelmet link and play stupid with the cops that stop you.

Old 04-29-2008 | 04:49 AM
Vikingnomad
Road Captain

This is what I use, I had the same problem with the lifting and they looked like a mushroom on my head, this one is snug and doesn't lift up at all...

Bone

PS.I took the visor off

[IMG]local://upfiles/52814/ED62C5F1C9614F27A19A2FA86DF14B54.jpg[/IMG]

Old 04-29-2008 | 06:10 AM
Biggerfoot
Tourer

I have the same problem...skinny head and big helmet. I have tried about everything with not much luck.

Those carbon fibers sound promising.

HJC is supposed to release a new helmet on the 30th, the FS-2 that is supposed to be a little lower and with the sharper lines, it may not look like a mushroom. I am going to see how this one fits.

Old 04-29-2008 | 07:29 AM
Aussie HD
Tourer

ORIGINAL: tim002

I definitely you what you mean about the "floating"...looking for a new helmet myself...the one I have now looks silly, like I got a mellon on my head.

This looks pretty cool "nolan outlaw" not sure how it fits..

http://www.ridegear.com/rg/item/F-20...SRC-CJproducts

Thoughts anyone?
Yeah I have been looking at this one in the matt black.

Old 04-29-2008 | 07:54 AM
Deuce Bigelow
Road Warrior

I have one of these:

from carbonfiberhelmets.com, it's DOT approved, lite as a feather and doesn't lift at all!

Quick Reply: Helmet help