Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Helmet help

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2008 | 08:09 AM
Aussie HD
Tourer
Default RE: Helmet help

ORIGINAL: Deuce Bigelow

I have one of these:

from carbonfiberhelmets.com, it's DOT approved, lite as a feather and doesn't lift at all!
That looks pretty cool not sure about the head in it though........

Old 04-29-2008 | 08:34 AM
Pechocho
Advanced

I ordered an extended half helmet (DOT approved, natural color) from ACC. I talked with one of the ladies that works there and they had one in stock and it should arrive this week. I also mentioned that I'm a member of HDforums and she gave me 10% off. I'll give you my review once I try it out.

Pechocho

Old 04-29-2008 | 08:38 AM
tlb
Elite HDF Member

I like this one

Old 04-29-2008 | 10:22 AM
Biggerfoot
Tourer

I ordered one from ACC too. They were out of stock of my size and it will be 2-3 weeks. I did get the 10% off.

Since I live in a non-helmet required state I was seriously looking at their novelty helmets...they look pretty good but I opted for the DOT.

Old 04-29-2008 | 11:47 AM
Ruralmed
Road Captain

That ACC helmet looks pretty good. I am tempted to try a brain bucket but memories of trying to intubate people that have ground off their lower jaw hold me back. As anyone on this forum hit asphalt with a partial helmet on?

Old 04-29-2008 | 11:53 AM
jackusan
Cruiser

I have found that the Snell Foundation approved helmets are the ones that look so big. Most DOT helmets are not as thick, especially on top of your head. The Snell is really for multiple impacts in a crash, like those you get in a race car crash. DOT helmets will provide adequate protection for a motorcycle crash without making you look like a moon man. I have a Bell 3/4 and shorty and both fit well without the bulk of the Snell standard.

Old 04-29-2008 | 12:52 PM
XARAN
Stellar HDF Member

ORIGINAL: Vikingnomad

This is what I use, I had the same problem with the lifting and they looked like a mushroom on my head, this one is snug and doesn't lift up at all...

Bone

PS.I took the visor off

[IMG]local://upfiles/52814/ED62C5F1C9614F27A19A2FA86DF14B54.jpg[/IMG]
This helmet is made by Helmet City http://www.helmetcityinternational.c...ets_1_prds.htmI have a Black one one that has the maltese cross and skull on it. They are pretty good fit and small for a DOT , fiberglass helmet. Mine doesnt lift at all when I ride since I took off the visor and they dont look like a mushroom head like the HD helmets. Not too expensive either the shop in my area sells them for $ 55.00 -75.00.

I also have a ACC (carbon fiber)DOT in Black Candy and it is buy far a lighter and closer fitting helmet but a lot more expensive. If you can afford it the ACC is your best choice. Let them know you are a forum member for the 10% discount and if your head is not real round you may need to send it back for some custom sizing to make it right. Their customer service is great and they will fit the helmet to you.

[IMG]local://upfiles/474/B963B1A5FAFA435EAAC0DF8F087EB05B.jpg[/IMG]

Old 04-29-2008 | 05:25 PM
back again
Seasoned HDF Member

I got the same one DB. I'm lucky to be working in Orlando where they make them. Went in to try all their stuff on and ended up getting 20% off. Great people to deal with. Mine lifts a little over 90 but not much. I got dropped on my head alot when I was born so I got an odd shaped head and the helmet fits it just fine. You're right about the weight,light as can be. Really helps with fatigue after several hundred miles.
ORIGINAL: Deuce Bigelow

I have one of these:

from carbonfiberhelmets.com, it's DOT approved, lite as a feather and doesn't lift at all!

Old 04-29-2008 | 06:12 PM
SoALposer
Tourer

Good luck ordering w/o trying on, with my fat head, I have to try several to find one that is not putting pressure on the sides of my head. If I don't, it's headache city after about 30 min.

Old 04-29-2008 | 06:30 PM
captbobrcc
Cruiser

it would be helpfull if on all the websites selling these helmuts would show them on someones head so you could tell if it looked like "mushroom head"---also it's nice to try on the helmut on the spot, buying one online makes me a little nervous.I like the one on"back again"nogan---where'd you get that in orlando?----let me know , thanx ---Cap

Quick Reply: Helmet help