Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dropped bike

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2008, 02:32 PM
AK_Hog_Herder
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default RE: Dropped bike

Many times someone will drop a bike that does not fit them.

Anytime you see someone up on their tip toes when stopped on level ground that's a fall just waiting to happen.

Old 04-29-2008, 11:10 AM
Ishman
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

[sm=guilty.gif]I have found that the guys who ride you the hardest have done it more than once.

Old 04-29-2008, 11:34 AM
jackusan
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It always sucks to drop your bike. My worst was when I was an instructor for a motorcycle safety course. I rode up to the training area and, in front of all the prospective students, put my bike on the center stand. The only problem was the bike was liftedup on only one leg of the center stand. When I let go, the bike rolled smartly over onto the ground on the right side. No damage done to the bike, but was it ever embarrassing. Don't worry about it though. Everyone drops one sooner or later.

Old 04-29-2008, 03:30 PM
hogleg
Intermediate

Yes, unfortunately it happens to all of us. We all love our bikes and try so hard to take good care of them and then when we lay them down we feel so damn bad. I had it happen twice. Once the blacktop was soft from the sun and the kickstand sank and bike fell over. Another time I was backing the bike out of a buddy's garage with a downhill grade approach and dropped it on its' side damn near breaking my left foot. Those babies are heavy man and when they go you aint gonna stop them unless your maybe "Hunk Hogan". [:@]

Old 04-30-2008, 11:29 PM
PUBA ONE
Tourer

My lady did it twice on our first rides of the season, gotta watch out for that F*%#ing sand at the intersections. Hardest part ...pride...

Old 05-01-2008, 07:30 AM
Sandcrab
Stellar HDF Member
Received 391 Likes on 231 Posts

ORIGINAL: AK_Hog_Herder

Many times someone will drop a bike that does not fit them.

Anytime you see someone up on their tip toes when stopped on level ground that's a fall just waiting to happen.
That's probably why ithurts my pride so much because when I sit on myDeuce, my legs are bent, I have lots of leg left over but...it still dropped.

Old 05-01-2008, 02:32 PM
Oldtimer of NM
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Don't feel bad. Many years ago, a friend of mine stopped on the beach front road at Venice beach to hit on some girls and forgot to put his feet down, 3 times in a row!

Old 05-01-2008, 09:05 PM
TexFordD
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I had'nt had mine a week and almost dropped itat the end of the driveway. The ol lady was right there and it started going over and I caught it. Then the adjrenaerlin (SC) kicked in and I got it back up and on the stand. Well she busts out laughing and I'm like 'what'. "Your face looked like you just got your rocks off BBwwaahhaahhaa"....why do I keep her around as long as I have?!? I just don't know

Old 05-01-2008, 10:55 PM
S0ftail3
Intermediate

At least the bike is yours! Rented a softail down in Daytona beach on vaca this winter and almost dropped it at the pumps...managed to catch it just before too much of the weight went too far over for me to pull back up (well me and the wife, cause we both got our hands on it just in time)...man would that have been expensive when I turned that thing back in...got my heart racing for sure...and yes, the next day I felt some muscles that I didn't know I had...ouch.

Old 05-01-2008, 11:06 PM
LookMaNoHands
Tourer

Welcome to the club... Dropped mine right on the yellow line while making an illegal uturn. Had just started to stand it back up when a cop crested the hill...

Oh yeah, and for everyone complaining how sore they were... The trick at the start of Ride-Like-A-Pro really does work.

Quick Reply: Dropped bike