Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

First HD, Rocker C

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2008 | 02:12 PM
nickfear
|
Novice
Default First HD, Rocker C

Hi HD People,

After over 10 years of riding warp speed Jap machines I went out and got a Buell XB9, then an XB12, then because of business and new family additions I had a year off.

Wanting to get back into it I had a quick scout round and saw the Rocker. I know little of HDs, all I was interested in was the look of the bike. I like the chopper look, I like that it leaves the factory like that and I don't need to do too much to it. A few enquiries later I realised I'd missed the boat in terms of an order, with at least 6 months wait. That's nearly the winter again over here! Then I got a call, there had been a cancellation of the same spec I had requested, and it was due in only few weeks - COOOOL! So here I am waiting for delivery.

What's interesting from a non-HD enthusiast (that will change I am sure!), is how the Rocker is polarising opinion from enthusiasts! It's just not something I've seen to such a large extent with Jap bikes. I think this is because THEY all pretty much look the same. HDs appear to be fairly diverse in styling - I like it.

I think the Rocker will appeal to other people like me. Early 30's, ex pocket-rocket owners wanting something with a bit more soul, but not the 'old-fella' attachment HDs often get over here (not saying that's right, it's just exists unfortunately!).

I am looking forward to growing a long beard and getting a snake tattoo on my neck. That is compulsory, right? ;-)

Old 04-26-2008 | 02:34 PM
SDEUCET
Cruiser
Default RE: First HD, Rocker C

Congrats on the rocker. You will be modding it it is inevitable!

Old 04-26-2008 | 02:56 PM
RockerMike
Road Master

I am looking forward to growing a long beard and getting a snake tattoo on my neck. That is compulsory, right? ;-)
I'm wondering how they let you into the dealership without one.

Seriously, congrats on the new scooter. You will really enjoy it, there's nothing like having a HD. Welcome!

Old 04-26-2008 | 03:11 PM
tjmac49
Outstanding HDF Member

nickfear: Congrats on getting your Rocker C!

Old 04-26-2008 | 06:17 PM
m i k e
Ultimate HDF Member

another rocker added to the fam
congrats

Old 04-26-2008 | 06:32 PM
MartyF
Cruiser

Congrats on the rocker. You will be modding it it is inevitable!
[hr]
[sm=exactly.gif]

Congrats on the new Scoot. Nice to hear you had some good luck that helped make it possible. You will really enjoy it. I know I am.
Just like Sdeucet said....Once you get it, there will be some irresistible force that compels you to mod it out to some degree.

Old 04-26-2008 | 06:41 PM
Turbo3pt3
Cruiser

I know exactly where you are coming from. I have always really wanted a Harley, but never saw a Harley that I really wanted. TheRocker C flipped my switch. The old school Harley guys hate them, butthat might be whywe like them. Breaking stereotypes and not caring what others think is what biking is all about, right? My bike is being delivered Tuesday and I cant wait to start.

Old 04-26-2008 | 07:26 PM
Dixie Dreg
Ultimate HDF Member

Congratulations! Where is "over here"?

Old 04-26-2008 | 07:27 PM
Harley Bass
Cruiser

Get mine this week! Ain't life Grand?

Old 04-26-2008 | 08:23 PM
BLACKROCKERC
Intermediate

Congrats MAN! I traded my 06 yamaha r1 for the ROCK C! It was scary but Im glad I did, I love it! And I know what you mean about the older group, im 29 and lovin the rocker c!

Quick Reply: First HD, Rocker C