Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New Wheels on my '06 Heritage - Pics

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2008, 09:06 PM
tail11
Road Master
Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RE: New Wheels on my '06 Heritage - Pics

Nice wheels mc. Too much for me to clean though! Enjoy the new look.

[IMG]local://upfiles/13603/04255EC5A60B4F7FB927B0C607076D22.jpg[/IMG]

Old 04-25-2008, 09:26 PM
Sleeko
Stellar HDF Member
Received 85 Likes on 56 Posts

I don't mean to be tedious, but I figured this would be a good place / time to ask; I have rims that are smooth. In other words, it's like a continuous smooth curve from the tire onto the chrome and back around to the other side. Some have the center of the rim raised up like a step. Like yours mc.
Which are considered "profile" rims? I'am wondering, in the catalog where its says "wheel option", if the option is the wheel other than the one that you have. [:-]I notice that it is extra cost, whatever "It" is. Anybody know?
I am so confused.

Old 04-25-2008, 09:59 PM
mcpastor
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: Sleeko Deluxe

I don't mean to be tedious, but I figured this would be a good place / time to ask; I have rims that are smooth. In other words, it's like a continuous smooth curve from the tire onto the chrome and back around to the other side. Some have the center of the rim raised up like a step. Like yours mc.
Which are considered "profile" rims? I'am wondering, in the catalog where its says "wheel option", if the option is the wheel other than the one that you have. [:-]I notice that it is extra cost, whatever "It" is. Anybody know?
I am so confused.
What Harley calls "profile" are the smoothies like you have. Apparently these are standard on the Deluxes and on the 2008 Heritages, and you have to pay to get 'em switched out. When my '06 Heritage came in, though, the steel wheel was standard, I had to pay extra for the "profiles" the dealer ordered on it even though I didn't want 'em. I was really looking for a certain old school look of a steel wheel with the center ridge. The profiles do have a great nostalgic look on the Deluxes and some Heritages when they are outfitted in the same vein as a Deluxe. Plus, as I mentioned, your solid cast aluminum smoothies accelerate great and absorb bumps well. They are very comfortable. And they have chrome spokes instead ofwhatever they use on the standard steel wheel.Since my new 80 spoke wheels are upgrades, they also have chrome spokes.

Old 04-25-2008, 10:21 PM
Whiskers
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 101 Likes on 46 Posts

I'm a big fan of WWW's but I have to give it where its due...your bike looks great!

Old 04-25-2008, 10:25 PM
Sleeko
Stellar HDF Member

Ahh, thanks Tim. Makes sense now.

Old 04-26-2008, 07:38 AM
mcpastor
Tourer

Swoop,

I revisited the HD website because I wanted to be sure. I think the following is correct:

For the Heritage Classic (Non-anniversary edition), the "chrome, laced wheel" (steel wheel with a ridge in the centerline) is standard. The cast aluminum smoothie "profile" wheels with chrome spokesare an option that costs a total of $450.

For the Limited Edition, copper and black105th Anniversary model, the cast aluminum smoothie "profile" rims with chrome spokes come standard. Looks like they are available in gloss black option. ($450?) Don't know what that would look like. Huh...

Old 04-26-2008, 10:23 AM
Sleeko
Stellar HDF Member

Thanks Tim. I can understand why I'am confused. Appreciate you sorting it out.

Old 04-30-2008, 09:18 AM
netvampire
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: mcpastor

Here they are! These are HD 80-spoke wheels. I did this instead of getting the white walls even though the poll I ran favored the walls. I'm still partial to the black and chrome. I saved $300 each by buying new old stock on eBay. I also put on chrome & stainless teardrop rotors. BTW, my shop washedAND WAXED the bike when they were through!!!Let me know whatcha think!

Can ya tell I'm proud of 'er?
Only problem is my cool Daytona sig pic is now out of date!
your bike looks fantastic mate great taste in mods. i have been really enjoying my fxdc lately but after seeing what can be done on the classic i am going to trade mine in on one. so thankyou for emptying my bank acount off to do the paperwork in a couple of days.I wanted to know if you have had yours lowered at the rear.ta if you could let me now.

Old 04-30-2008, 12:10 PM
RDKingRider
Extreme HDF Member

You guys are breaking me big time. Showed wife and her list of wants just grew a mile longer. Her bikes goes in tommorrow for Stage 1 and all, plus pipes. I have to stop showing her all your bikes. But it was all your bikes that helped her decide on what she wanted. A couple pictures, we haven't done much to it yet, as she will not stop riding it long enough.

[IMG]local://upfiles/8225/2591F44EEF1946258B67EF925587E72A.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/8225/15E6051CFA69476B95828E0241B78B04.jpg[/IMG]

Old 04-30-2008, 12:18 PM
06train
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

O----- YEAH!!!!!!!!!

Quick Reply: New Wheels on my '06 Heritage - Pics