Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Pricing questions with Fatboy

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2006, 10:00 AM
marcus84
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Pricing questions with Fatboy

I went to a dealership yesterday to get a price on a new Fatboy and they quoted me 19700 including tax, title, and license. Is that a fair price? If so I think I can justify it but if there's a way to bargain them down it would be good to know. I'm thinking about waiting for the dealership near me to open so I can take that price to them as see if they'll beat it. They also showed me the Heritage for 17900 and said the only differences in the two bikes are cosmetic but I like the Fatboy's fenders and black engine. Is the Fatboy also more expensive because it's more popular?

Thanks,
Marcus

Old 02-15-2006, 10:07 AM
06FLSTCi
Intermediate
Default RE: Pricing questions with Fatboy

I think most dealers sell at MSRP. You may get the 1000 mile checkup free and they may throw in a discount on accessories. Not much more they will negotiate, at least in Florida.

Old 02-15-2006, 10:59 AM
nutsy
Tourer

ORIGINAL: 06FLSTCi

I think most dealers sell at MSRP. You may get the 1000 mile checkup free and they may throw in a discount on accessories. Not much more they will negotiate, at least in Florida.
same here in pa. thats about all you can get out of em.

Old 02-15-2006, 11:20 AM
XGlide
Advanced

marcus84,

A new 06 Fat Boy in black, Fuel Injected, and with Factory Security will cost $17,795 before tax and tag. Our state tax here in Florida is 6% so that comes to $1,067.70 and another $80 for tag (this is usually less I just round up). So the out the door price here would be $18,942.70. Fat Boys are one of the most popular Softails. I think it's the next words someone learns after Harley-Davidson. Don't get me wrong, it's a great bike and it looks really good too. It's just tough when there are 41 different models counting the Buell line. Compared to the Heritage I think it will have better re-sell value later than the Heritage will. Now I have one customer who bought a Heritage because he was taking it apart and was going to have the motor painted a custom color and stuff like that. For that application the Heritage made good sense for him. Also the Heritage with chrome added looks pretty good and if you want to do it a little at a time again that would make sense. As you can see no matter which Harley-Davidson motorcycle you buy you can make an argument for why you choose that model. It's very difficult to choose one model and one color, I know I'm around them everyday! The bottom line is you have to pick what looks good to you, what fits you and what you can afford. After that don't worry what anyone else says, as long as you are riding!

Good luck,

Dave

Old 02-15-2006, 11:49 AM
06FLSTCi
Intermediate

Peterson's HD in Miami ? I bought my first Harley there ...'02 Fatboy.

Old 02-15-2006, 11:50 AM
itsahog
Cruiser

Fatboy is a great bike, I almost bought one while deciding on which model. If you like the Heritage but want the black motor, check out the new Deluxe. If you want give me your email addy and I will send you a few pics of mine. Have fun!

Old 02-15-2006, 12:32 PM
DMSC
Road Master

ORIGINAL:They also showed me the Heritage for 17900 and said the only differences in the two bikes are cosmetic but I like the Fatboy's fenders and black engine. Is the Fatboy also more expensive because it's more popular?
They obviuosly showed you the basic Heritage and not the Heritage Classic.

As for why the the Fatboy costs more...it has chrome on the engine/tranny, black engine/tranny cases (which can't cost anymore than the gray...they just charge more for it), better seat, disc wheels and, the kicker...it's more popular. Most of the difference in price is the extra chrome on the engine/tranny and the chrome oil tank.

On a side note...those chrome oil tanks are pretty pricey!

Old 02-15-2006, 04:10 PM
Thundercloud
Road Master
Received 13 Likes on 2 Posts

I vote FATBOY!!!!!!!!!

[IMG]local://upfiles/4934/2920A68108A140CA8D1422AAB51E8261.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/4934/68AF13EA69CE488E990827B27A8116A1.jpg[/IMG]

Old 02-15-2006, 06:41 PM
XGlide
Advanced

06FLSTCi,

Yep, I work at the North Store.

Dave

Old 02-15-2006, 09:56 PM
rick
Road Warrior
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

FWIW, i got my 02 flstfi fatboy at peterson's south last month.Got a real good deal,it was just traded in and wasnt even theirs yet.So i waited a cpl weeks and took it home.

Quick Reply: Pricing questions with Fatboy