Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
View Poll Results: A poll
'06 Springer Classic
42.11%
'06 Softail Deluxe
57.89%
Voters: 114. You may not vote on this poll

CAST YOUR VOTE! '06 Springer Classic vs. '06 Softail Deluxe

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2006 | 02:14 AM
tda69
|
Stellar HDF Member
Default RE: CAST YOUR VOTE! '06 Springer Classic vs. '06 Softail Deluxe

cfax-

Thanks for the recommendation on the Rocket. I also like Triumph's, although I must admit the Rocket looks rather large for me. Sounds strange I know coming from someone who rides an Ultra, but my bike sits much lower compared to the Rocket...if I remember correctly. I must admit, I like the appearance of the Rocket. Actually, I like ALL Triumph's.

Old 02-24-2006 | 11:34 AM
Whiskers
Seasoned HDF Member

ORIGINAL: jimv27

Thanks for the comments........seems our tastes are similar. I struggled back and forth over the Springer or the RKC......in the end it came down to that front end........Couldn't help but notice the location of your highway pegs.....took me awhile but ended up in about the same spot......sure does give plenty of foot placement options doesn't it......?
You know, I hardly use them though. I added them thinking that I would but I rarely stick my feet out there on them. Oh well!?

Old 02-24-2006 | 05:17 PM
FLSTNI_Man_of_Steel
Tourer
Default RE: '06 Springer Classic vs. '06 Softail Deluxe

ORIGINAL: bancquo

Two things: if this is a 'heart' decision, you should already know what you want.
If you don't know which one's for you now, then neither is for you, because you haven't made that emotional connection with the looks....
Bancquo hit the nail on the head with his opening AND the questions/comments that follow. I easily could have gotten a bike with bags and a windshield (heritage) for around the same cost as for what I paid (deluxe), but what happened was my dumb heart got in the way....

It sounds "cheesey and dumb" but when I first saw the B&W on the website my reaction was "wow" and I knew--just KNEW---that was the bike I wanted. I had started looking a sportys, then lingered on Deuces for three or four months (my two best friends each have one (#1 has a standard with apes and #2 has an SE custom).

When I sat on an '05 blue and white one in the showroom---although that exact bike wasn't the one I bought--- I knew that model would be "MY" bike.

But, who knows, maybe your Ultra already does that for you? If I had the money, I'm pretty sure my "extra" bike would be a Deuce...or maybe a Vrod.

Old 02-24-2006 | 05:24 PM
FLSTNI_Man_of_Steel
Tourer

ORIGINAL: jimv27

arrrrrrrr

local://upfiles/6559/C45B38DEA9F0407EBA92EC97C9843894.jpg
Evidently, "Pirate Jim" votes for the springer.

Old 02-25-2006 | 10:00 AM
Tweet
2nd Gear

Tough descision, I know. Had to make the same two moinths ago. Also, like you own a Ultra for long trips and travel with my wife. needed another toy for myself do ride with friends or just do some boulevard cruisin'...

Both have the solo seat which is perfect for me, so no difference there. In the end I ordered a Springer because:

1) I like the retro/nostalgic look far better then the De Luxe
2) The De Luxe is a bike for small people. I see a lot of women ridin'it.
3) The De Luxe has far more chrome, needs to be polished more and I already have an Ultra with tons of chrome to do that
4)Like the front end of the Springer, like you said you see each move of the springs also looks very nostalgic to bystanders
5) Like the dual exhaust of the Springer
6) Like the colourscheme abvailable for the Springer
7) Last but not least: I see a lot of De Luxe bikes drivin around, but Springers.... It's only 3% of all HD sales in Europe! Ridin' a Springer is more exclusive.

Whatever you decide, both are good and beautifull bikes. I receive mine the end of March (Fire red and Vivid Black).

I found an article in American-V that helped me a lot! Send me your emailadres so I can send you the complete article.

Good Luck !

Eric

Old 02-26-2006 | 04:40 AM
cowboy Harry
Road Warrior

I aint gonna vote. its a tie. I have a deluxe , but if i where to do it over again , it would be a hard choice. Ok , I vote for both. get em both.

Old 02-26-2006 | 10:51 AM
SD2240
Novice

I have the deluxe too and i say you're a winner either way.

Old 02-26-2006 | 12:31 PM
hddeluxe
Road Captain

To me I like everybody else to choose other bikes than the Deluxe!
I want to be the only one with the perfect bike[8D]

Old 03-19-2006 | 02:25 AM
namooz
1st Gear

Keep looking, and it will hit you.............probably when you least suspect it. Don't buy until you know it's right in your gut. You can't loose this way.

Ride safe and long

'05 FLSTNI

Old 04-24-2006 | 03:53 AM
loomcat
Stage III

tda69,

What became of all this? I'd like to stir it up...how about getting the Deluxe and putting on a Springer front end? I've seen it done. You could take off the lowering kit on the shocks to address any floorboard scraping issues. Or, the seat/grab bar/passenger pillion look great on the Springer Classic and you could remove the tank band and use the Deluxe emblem instead.

Quick Reply: CAST YOUR VOTE! '06 Springer Classic vs. '06 Softail Deluxe