Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
View Poll Results: A poll
'06 Springer Classic
42.11%
'06 Softail Deluxe
57.89%
Voters: 114. You may not vote on this poll

CAST YOUR VOTE! '06 Springer Classic vs. '06 Softail Deluxe

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2006 | 10:21 PM
nutsy
Tourer
Default RE: '06 Springer Classic vs. '06 Softail Deluxe

springer,dont see them too often. i like em

Old 02-14-2006 | 10:41 PM
fl_799
Road Master

I like both bikes but the Springer classic edges the HSTC with a few details in my opinion . I love the look of the old school dual cross over pipes, front fender light, and the graceful front fender struts. Plus the '06 2 tone colors look like a million bucks on this bike.

Old 02-14-2006 | 11:15 PM
Coaster
Ultimate HDF Member

ORIGINAL: tda69

Those are all very good comments thanks for your opinions and input, I appreciate it very much. This weekend I am renting a Deluxe so I can see whether or not I like it. I suspect like all the other Harley's I've ridden I'll enjoy it. I have also rented a Springer Classic and I will say that it was one of the most fun and entertaining bikes to ride. When I last rode one, the sprung front end was constantly in motion absorbing road imperfections. Normally on a bike with shocks I don't normally notice it. It's a feeling rather than an observation on a bike with shocks. So I already know that I like the Springer in that it's high on the Fun-O-Meter. The Deluxe looks nostalgic, low to the ground and also has the Tombstone tail light that I love so much. I'll post more after the weekend to share my experiences of the Deluxe with you.
Some may argue that this is why the springer is an inferior bike in terms of shock absorption and ride quality. To me it's like the bike is dancing to the tune of the bumps in the road. I really like the 'bouncy' feel. It's very refined. You also metioned the view from the seat of the springer and I couldn't agree more. I just love how the springs are reflected in the back-side of the headlight.

Old 02-14-2006 | 11:45 PM
WolfDog
Road Master

Being that I already have the Heritage, I voted for the Springer.

The only place I see them is on the dealer floor, the next time at the dealer the ones I saw before are gone and new ones are there, so I know someone is buying them, I just never see then on the road.

They just look OLD SCHOOL.. Thats what I like about them, but as I said, I picked up the Heritage thinking it would be better for road trips. Oh well, When its paid for I will just add to the collection i guess.

Ride On, choose the one you want man.

Old 02-15-2006 | 12:44 AM
tda69
|
Stellar HDF Member

The Springer is picking up in poll numbers 41% in favor of the Springer and 58% in favor of the Deluxe. We're getting more votes...that's good. I hope to see this poll continue to the end of February.

Old 02-15-2006 | 12:54 AM
fl_799
Road Master

ORIGINAL: Coaster

ORIGINAL: tda69

Those are all very good comments thanks for your opinions and input, I appreciate it very much. This weekend I am renting a Deluxe so I can see whether or not I like it. I suspect like all the other Harley's I've ridden I'll enjoy it. I have also rented a Springer Classic and I will say that it was one of the most fun and entertaining bikes to ride. When I last rode one, the sprung front end was constantly in motion absorbing road imperfections. Normally on a bike with shocks I don't normally notice it. It's a feeling rather than an observation on a bike with shocks. So I already know that I like the Springer in that it's high on the Fun-O-Meter. The Deluxe looks nostalgic, low to the ground and also has the Tombstone tail light that I love so much. I'll post more after the weekend to share my experiences of the Deluxe with you.
Some may argue that this is why the springer is an inferior bike in terms of shock absorption and ride quality. To me it's like the bike is dancing to the tune of the bumps in the road. I really like the 'bouncy' feel. It's very refined. You also metioned the view from the seat of the springer and I couldn't agree more. I just love how the springs are reflected in the back-side of the headlight.

Does anybody ride a sloptail for ride comfort? I don't think so.....or I certainly didn't when I owned one!

I'd like to think that the springer front end is there so the softtail rear end doesn't get jealous anymore!

Old 02-15-2006 | 01:01 AM
hsuwol
Novice
Default RE: CAST YOUR VOTE! '06 Springer Classic vs. '06 Softail Deluxe

Dude: Loose the posted picture of you...it makes you look like a Vespa rider...not HOG material!

Old 02-15-2006 | 01:47 PM
tda69
|
Stellar HDF Member
Default RE: CAST YOUR VOTE! '06 Springer Classic vs. '06 Softail Deluxe

hsuwol,

LOL! Funny. I posted that picture about a week ago and didn't say anything about it. I just wanted to see how long before somebody chimed in and made a comment. It took only a week. I'm sure you've noticed that virtually nobody on this forum has actual pictures of themselves for their avatar (very few people). Of the one's that do, even fewer have an everyday photo. So the part that I find amusing is the "image thing". As you pointed out, the photo doesn't "look" HOG material which confirms my belief that appearances are as much riding the bike itself. It's not enough to own and ride a Harley, but you have to look the part to. Over the years I've noticed the type of people who buy HD's have changed. I've met and work with many career professional types, like myself who own Harley's and enjoy the whole experience. It's just funny to see someone in suit/tie one minute and jeans/leathers the next. Most of the people on this forum, if you met them in person probably would not fall in to the "HOG type" category, which is why you see so few photos of themselves as they actually are...real everday people. It's amusing don't you think? It's like if you look the part, then you fit in and are accepted, even if that's not who you really are. It's like acting.... Get dressed up, put on a tough look and be a "Bad Boy" for the day...while sipping a Caramel Machiatto at Starbuck's. Then drive home to your house in the suburbs, kiss the wife and child and go to the office the next day. Thank you for bringing the subject up, I needed a laugh this morning.

See you on the road.

Old 02-15-2006 | 03:09 PM
Coaster
Ultimate HDF Member

ORIGINAL: fl_799

Does anybody ride a sloptail for ride comfort? I don't think so.....or I certainly didn't when I owned one!

I'd like to think that the springer front end is there so the softtail rear end doesn't get jealous anymore!
LOL...yeah that's it

Old 02-15-2006 | 05:50 PM
msheldon
Cruiser

Some may argue that this is why the springer is an inferior bike in terms of shock absorption and ride quality.
Actually, various reviewers, and my own experience is that the Springer front end is actually a better ride up to the point that you hit the end of travel. The downside is that there's much less travel. Still, for the normal everyday bumps, it's pretty smooth.

I feel the bumps *far* more from the back end than the front.

Quick Reply: CAST YOUR VOTE! '06 Springer Classic vs. '06 Softail Deluxe