Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

01' Fatboy suggestions

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2006, 03:11 AM
vegascop
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 01' Fatboy suggestions

Looking to add bags to my 01' fatty but only for longer trips. Living in Las Vegas, NV I still love the looks of the bike without bags. Any ideas as to what bags will look best and how simple the installation will be ???

Old 02-12-2006, 04:20 AM
100yrfatboy
Road Captain
Default RE: 01' Fatboy suggestions

Hey Vegas,
When my fatboy was the only bike I had, I was in the same boat. I hate the look of saddlebags. I bought an inexpensive set of throwover bags off ebay for about $175.00. They were held under the seat and had leather straps on the lower inside side of the bags I would tie off to the swing arm. I went this route to all of the weekend shows with my detatchable backrest and rack. I'd get to the show destination, pull off my shield, bags and backrest and rack combo and she was beautiful again. There are some neat detachables out there, but if you run the sissy bar and the bags, that is one long peg attachment sticking out there. Hope this helps,
Gene

Old 02-12-2006, 05:41 AM
geno3j
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have a set of HD "Fat Boy" bags I hang when I am going on a weekend ride. Other than that I spend the 45 mins to install them and take them off. I love them for the trip but think it takes away from the look of the bike. I leave my sissy bar and lugage rack on. For short trips I have a bag that fits on rack and holds most things you would need for a day trip.

Old 02-13-2006, 07:01 PM
vegascop
Cruiser

Thank you guys I appreciate it. To be honest I think I will buy a somewhat aaffordable set of bagas and take them on and off as needed. I love my bike and will post pics soon but at times I wonder if I should have got the road king I was looking at?

Old 02-17-2006, 12:37 AM
Babs
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: vegascop

Thank you guys I appreciate it. To be honest I think I will buy a somewhat aaffordable set of bagas and take them on and off as needed. I love my bike and will post pics soon but at times I wonder if I should have got the road king I was looking at?
I wonder that myself sometimes but right now I'm just wondering when on Earth I'm gonna get to ride!
Check out my gallery.. Those are the hard leather HD bags (available in their catalog).. I of course ebay'd them for a bunch less, but I was also looking for something as clean as possible that didn't take too much away from the lines of the bike.. Unfortunately their not detachable but there are some kits out there to do that to a lot of different bag setups.

It's just too nice to be able to haul yer junk.