Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fatboy Headlight question

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2008, 07:03 AM
FLSTF
Road Captain
Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts
Default RE: Fatboy Headlight question

ORIGINAL: fbhawg

part number 67907-96B. $130 in catalog, watch E-Bay and they go for about $60. If you have the fancy nachelle the part number is different. Go up one wattage on bulbs and the difference is unbelievable. You are right about the weak flashlight they come with, I never felt safe. I'm still not a fan of night riding but this is the best add on I've put on.
fbhawg, I see your talking about the dual bulb halogen headlamp kit. Are you saying I could upgrade from the bulbs that come with this kit? If so, what bulbs would I need? Catalog says low beam is 55w and high beam is only 35w.Thanks.

Old 04-13-2008, 07:14 PM
soulfish
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I remember hearing that early 03 models had sealed beam headlights.

Old 04-13-2008, 07:18 PM
soulfish
Cruiser

the 55w low stays on when the high beam bulb is switched on, having both lit together.

Old 04-13-2008, 08:27 PM
fbhawg
Tourer

My 03was a sealed beam, did they switch later in the year? FLSTF, I knew somebody would ask that and I can't for the life of me remember. I'll look either tonight or tomorrow after work. Sorry I didn't see this sooner. It's a cheap upgrade and man does it make a difference. There's no way I can run highs all the time like I did before. I've been flashed on a split highway!

Old 04-14-2008, 04:58 PM
wallyn
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think in 03 all softails came with a H4 Bulb and housing except for the Fatboy which had a sealed beam. I am guessing Harley had to get rid of their backstock so switched on all of the other models and kept the sealed beam on their top seller.

I wish I saw the headlight Anubiss is talking about it is cheaper than the one I bought. Also check the delta headlight JCWhitney has listed in the Motorcycle headlights listing.

The change out is definitely worth it.

Old 04-14-2008, 08:12 PM
soulfish
Cruiser

I ordered the $18 job from JC Whitney. It has to be brighter than the dim unit that is in there now. If not I'll get the HD dual (Ithink it looks greatandyearn to own one, but the cheap voice inside my head says no.)

Old 04-14-2008, 09:29 PM
byersmtrco
Supporter
Received 518 Likes on 361 Posts

At one point, someone made a Quartz Automotive style seal beam. It was 7", flat and brighter than a White Dwarf Star. Cost about 50 bucks. It's on my list.

Nice Saddlebags BTW. Very clean. No hoo ha!! Fringe, chrome buttons etc.

Old 04-15-2008, 04:30 PM
92Fatty
Road Master
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Does the new bulb have a 3 prong plug or do you need to change that also? Looks like a great investment. Thanks. Kent

Old 04-16-2008, 08:45 AM
soulfish
Cruiser

Checked the order status on JC Whitney headlight kit. "No longer available" Called and confirmed that they do not, will not have it
H4 HALOGEN HEADLIGHT 7" ROUND[/align][/align][/align]

Old 04-16-2008, 06:44 PM
fbhawg
Tourer

FLSTF, sorry for the delay. The Eagles Club got between work and home last night. I went up to an H9, 65 watt and a H11,55 watt on the low beam. The H11 says H11 LL, not sure what the LL means. It's probably not as bright as some of the light bars with HID lighting but it's light years ahead of any sealed beam I've seen. The light that comes on these things is just plain dangerous. I did the Silverstar and some other kind someone suggested and it was a waste of money. For $120-$130, or about $60 on E-Bay its great. Harley has a HID for about$500 bucks also but I'm not in the income class to afford that.I can't believe JC Whitney has anything for $16 that can be worth anything. Good Luck

Quick Reply: Fatboy Headlight question