Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

V&H TRUE DUALS

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2008, 02:29 PM
HOGBOB
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: V&H TRUE DUALS

I just installed V&H duals W/Q baffles, Big Sucker air cleaner kit, and SERT. I love the way it runs now, much smoother. It is louder than I expected though. FWIW I did not loose bottom end as many people report. I didn't gain any either. I did however gain mid-high range.

Old 04-11-2008, 03:19 PM
Jerseytwin
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just put them on yesterday with a PC III and Arlen Ness "Big Sucker" stage 1 w/ HD Nostalgic air filter cover, but still trying different maps for the PC III. I'm trying to see how close I can get before she goes to the Dyno........I leaving now to pick-up the Fishtails(Edit:Fishtails are in hand)....good luck with your choice, I know I'm happy with mine.

I wasn't to impressed with the supplied Velcro for the PCIII, so I added these Velcro straps for added security.

Old 04-11-2008, 03:31 PM
jackc
Intermediate

I installed the V&H True Duals last weekend with the Fuelpak and K&N High Flow filter kit. Great looks and sound and real smooth on decel, almost no popping.

Old 04-11-2008, 04:35 PM
harley57
Cruiser

Anyone else having problems with heat on the left side with this set up??? I have V & H true duals, stage 1 big sucker and a SERT....Too much heat on left side. seems the pipe is heating up the oil tank?

Old 04-11-2008, 04:43 PM
jackc
Intermediate

Do you mean heat on your leg or heating the oil to much?

Havn't had much time to ride this week. I did take my bike out sunday for about a 100 mile ride after I did the install and it seemed cooler having the rear pipe on the left side. The whole bike seemed to run cooler?

Old 04-11-2008, 04:49 PM
Jerseytwin
Tourer

rsavage, do you know what map Fuelmoto used? So far I have M-813-189 and M-813-230 (Two different people supplied me with at Dynajet) and I try Puba one's M-813-039.

Thanks
AJ
ORIGINAL: rsavage

I have the V & H true duals, SE AC and a PCIII. Bought the PC from Fuelmoto and the map they pre-programmed for me seems right. A little burbling when you roll off the throttle but no big decel pops. Bike runs smooth and feels very responsive and quite a bit quicker. I've put about a 1000 miles on the combo since I installed it and I'm happy.

Old 04-11-2008, 08:16 PM
rsavage
Tourer

Sorry to say I don't. When I ordered it, they asked me what my setup was and sent it to me pre-loaded.

Old 04-11-2008, 08:16 PM
85FXWG
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I bolted a set on my FLST last weekend. I've only put 400 miles on, it runs and sounds great. I already had a PC installed so I'll get it dynoed next week to get rid of a little popping.

Old 04-11-2008, 09:55 PM
jdog62
6th Gear

I don't mean to hijack the thread but can anyone give an idea on where a good place is to purchase the duals. Also looking at the Arlen Ness A/C, and PC III. Any good places with decent prices???

Thanks,

Jason

Old 04-12-2008, 12:53 AM
05 HD Deluxe
Tourer

Eastern Performance , Cycle Spot or M & M

Mine came from M & M on wednesday and there on today. Tips and baffles should be here on Sat.
M&M had a good price and good service.
American Classic hasprobably the best price with free shipping. I would rather pay a little more and give my business to one of the three listed above. Looks like your in AZ Cycle spot is in AZ. Worth a look

Fuel Moto for the PCIII. Have not bought one of those yet. Running HD download.

Quick Reply: V&H TRUE DUALS