Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Favor to ask - 06 Deluxe 5k miles maintenance

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2008 | 01:13 PM
MarkandMary
Road Captain
Default RE: Favor to ask - 06 Deluxe 5k miles maintenance

I like wrenching on the simple things myself. Just because we ride Harleys doesn't mean we are mad of money. I have a manual for my wifes bike, but I was going to get one for mine when the warranty ran out. What year Road King does your hubby ride?

Old 04-07-2008 | 01:14 PM
GeorgiaGirl
|
Madame Moderator

It's an 07

Old 04-07-2008 | 01:19 PM
MarkandMary
Road Captain

Cool, maybe if I get mine first we can share. The standard maintenance items should be the same.

Old 04-07-2008 | 01:26 PM
PoorBoy
Outstanding HDF Member

Hey Karen,

Do you have an Owner's Manual? I know there is a schedule of maintenance items listed in there,itemized by mileage intervals.

I'll put that list together for you anyway. At least at a high-level, you'll know what else to ask for. My softail service manuals for '08 probably would give you the wrong detail since it talks about the 96" motors. The chassis stuff will line up well enough for you.

As I remember, changing all the fluids is the biggest thing, then plenty of things to check/lube. I know my indy changes my spark plugs every 5k, and all fluids on 5k intervals. I think HD changes tranny & primary at 10k intervals, engine oil at 5k intervals. Plugs get checked at 5k interval, but changed at 10 & 20k.

There should be plenty of folks willing to help you out..... you bad girl you. hee heeeehee.

Old 04-07-2008 | 01:29 PM
GeorgiaGirl
|
Madame Moderator

Be happy to.

Old 04-07-2008 | 01:31 PM
MarkandMary
Road Captain

GAGirl, He has the manual, what info are you looking for. I will try to get him to scan them as soon as he can and I will send them to you. The thing about Danny is, he is no speed demon. I call him Jerry Garcia, you can not tell them apart.

Old 04-07-2008 | 01:33 PM
keno
Road Master

I bought my HD Service Manual off Ebay for 5.99 in pdf format on dvd.. He didn't have the 2008 so I bought the 2007 which is really the same thing.

Old 04-07-2008 | 01:40 PM
GeorgiaGirl
|
Madame Moderator

I'm looking for what the manual recommends as scheduled maintenance at 5000 miles. I know it needs an oil change, but need to know what else is recommended to be changed or checked.

Also, my clutch needs to be adjusted as it resists downshifting into first and sometimes at stops, makes me hunt for neutral. Thanks.

Keno, thanks for the heads up about getting it on disk in .pdf format. I will check that out on ebay!

Old 04-07-2008 | 01:57 PM
MarkandMary
Road Captain

ORIGINAL: GAGirl

I'm looking for what the manual recommends as scheduled maintenance at 5000 miles. I know it needs an oil change, but need to know what else is recommended to be changed or checked.

Also, my clutch needs to be adjusted as it resists downshifting into first and sometimes at stops, makes me hunt for neutral. Thanks.

Keno, thanks for the heads up about getting it on disk in .pdf format. I will check that out on ebay!
I sent the email. I will let you know as soon as I have a reply. I asked him to scan if possble.

Old 04-07-2008 | 01:58 PM
GeorgiaGirl
|
Madame Moderator

Thank you very much Mark. I appreciate your going to the extra effort.

Quick Reply: Favor to ask - 06 Deluxe 5k miles maintenance