Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

XBONES OWNERS, HOWS THE COMFORT OF THE SEAT?

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2008, 06:29 AM
screamn_eagle
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: XBONES OWNERS, HOWS THE COMFORT OF THE SEAT?

thanks for all the input. jerry let me know how the 250 mile ride goes. i'd love to ride the gap on this thing. the wife and i were going to take my ultra this summer there but i can only have one bike at a time so she's gonna have to deal with the small passenger pillion on the bones instead of the cushy seat with arm rests on the ultra.haha

Old 04-02-2008, 08:43 AM
BTL
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

screamn-eagal, Just took my wife for a ride on the bones, she hates the seat, only thing i could tell her was that mine was real comfy, going from a ultra rear seat to a pilion seat, ( YOU MIGHT really FIND OUT WHY THEY THEY CALL IT IT A BITCH PAD)

Old 04-02-2008, 09:46 AM
screamn_eagle
Outstanding HDF Member

BTL
i told her i was going "old school" and she didnt mind. maybe this is the best thing for me and she will decide to get her own bike or make me go out and buy a bagger as a second bike, because i aint sellin the bones

Old 04-02-2008, 10:04 AM
Cherry_Bobber
6th Gear

ORIGINAL: BTL

screamn-eagal, Just took my wife for a ride on the bones, she hates the seat, only thing i could tell her was that mine was real comfy, going from a ultra rear seat to a pilion seat, ( YOU MIGHT really FIND OUT WHY THEY THEY CALL IT IT A BITCH PAD)
As a counter to this, my wife loves the seat and couldn't tell we were going over expansion joints unless she looked down.

BG: I have an '05 1200R and she rode "bitch" on that without too much grumbling, but loves this seat SO much more! [sm=crossbonesgif.gif]

Old 04-02-2008, 10:24 AM
bgismo20
Road Warrior

ORIGINAL: tnharley7

I have both the Ultra and the XBones. Before I bought the XBones I thought to myself that the seat would probably have to be the first thing to be replaced, but I was wrong. Of cource the longest ride so far is only 110 miles, but had no problems or aches/pains at all. Tomorrow I am taking it on a 250 mile trip up to the Cherohala Skyway and Deals Gap, so I probably will have a better idea then. Otherwise, I like it. Jerry
BTW FOLKS! The FLOORBOARDS WILL SCRAPE something ridiculous on the dragon, I wore away a nice chunk of mine on the dragon, just dont freak out when it happens

Old 04-02-2008, 10:27 AM
screamn_eagle
Outstanding HDF Member

MAN THIS IS KILLING ME.....I WANT MY BIKE, I WANT MY BIKE, I WANT MY BIKE
I will be flying to philly tonight for a funeral and not coming back til friday, so i hope its ready when i get back home. i got the saddlebags, pass pillion, sissy bar, buckshot mirrors (black of course), and of course the engine mods (big bore 2 (103), race tuner, SE heads, SE high vel air cleaner, and v&h big radius 2-1 exhust)

Old 04-02-2008, 04:35 PM
BTL
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

got the passinger pegs to I hope, might as well change out the the shifter and the bake controls to. http://i255.photobucket.com/albums/h...s/IMG_0927.jpg http://i255.photobucket.com/albums/h...s/IMG_0923.jpg http://i255.photobucket.com/albums/h...s/IMG_0925.jpg

Old 04-02-2008, 06:46 PM
GymRat523
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I was surprised, it is pretty comfortable, kept the seat and went with their two up setup. It does ride higher but I kind of like it, feels like you can throw the bike around a little easier, one drawbackis at 5'10" I can get flat footed but pushing backwards is tough.

Old 04-02-2008, 06:58 PM
tnharley7
Road Captain

Bgismo20, I hate to disagree withyou, but I took my new XBones to the dragon today and challenged the dragon and won. With a total of 636 curves in 22 miles (to the gap and back) and an overall trip of 215 miles, I did not...I repeat, I did not scrape either floorboard a single time. Now I have probably been to Deals Gap 75 times or more and know the curves and are used to them and know how to ride them. I did not ***** foot around on them, I pushed them hard and rode like I stole the bike....and still did not scrape any. Jerry

Old 04-02-2008, 07:07 PM
bgismo20
Road Warrior

ORIGINAL: tnharley7

Bgismo20, I hate to disagree with you, but I took my new XBones to the dragon today and challenged the dragon and won. With a total of 636 curves in 22 miles (to the gap and back) and an overall trip of 215 miles, I did not...I repeat, I did not scrape either floorboard a single time. Now I have probably been to Deals Gap 75 times or more and know the curves and are used to them and know how to ride them. I did not ***** foot around on them, I pushed them hard and rode like I stole the bike....and still did not scrape any. Jerry
Must be more clearance than my springer, I was trying to go about 45, so I was ***** to the wall I prob scraped on 130 or so of the corners