Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Just bought a Harley. How badly is the dealer screwing me?

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2008, 02:37 PM
sethhobrin
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Just bought a Harley. How badly is the dealer screwing me?

ORIGINAL: Soft06

My .02 worth

You didn't get "screwed", or even tattoed,,
You got an OK deal..and with them doing the labor...EVERYTHING they do is warrented. (to a degree) If you put a part on,,and it failed,,in 2 days,, they could say you did it when you installed it. Not that they would, but they could...
As far as everyone not being cool to you after you signed papers...then you told this to the finance guy? me....I'd take it one step further, I'd go in,,ask for the Manager of the dealership..one on one,,,even if it's on the sales floor,,after a handshake...I'd introduce myself to him, tell him I just bought a bike,,and all this other stuff...(break it down briefly for him so HE knows how much coin you have spent there) then I'd say I spoke to the finance guy and I had some concerns,, he took the time to addressmy concerns and you wanted him (the dealership manager) to know how pleased you are to have been treated so well by the finance guy...and not so pleased with a few others on your staff.....
After that, you will be treated as you should be...as a customer in good standing....
And maybe a friendly hi when you walk in the dealership next time...
I was in my dealer yesterday, and the service manager called me by my first name...I have never met him,, i was impressed..

Ride safe, and often

AND PS....ENJOY YOUR NEW RIDE !!!!!
[sm=bounceybounce.gif]
[sm=groupwave.gif][sm=happy046.gif][sm=massbounce.gif]

A great idea. Thanks for the suggestion.