Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I was stoned today !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2008 | 02:05 PM
jefnightrain
Tourer
Default RE: I was stoned today !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I've had 3 stones in the past. You can't describe to people that have never had them the pain they cause.

Old 03-29-2008 | 02:47 PM
voyager1
|
Outstanding HDF Member

So true... the pain can not be put in words :

Old 03-29-2008 | 06:31 PM
Whiskers
Seasoned HDF Member

Memo toGOD:

Please...do not give me kidney stones![sm=smiley19.gif]

Signed,

Whiskers[sm=hia.gif]

Old 03-29-2008 | 06:49 PM
Mr. Lucky
Outstanding HDF Member

My sympathies. I've stuggled with those things most of my adult life. The key (for me anyway) seems to be staying physically active and drinking plenty of water. When I was laid up last year I couldn't follow that advice and had to have the ESWL treatment (AKA, "the stone crusher"). That was fun -- NOT!

Here's a home remedy that works for all but the largest, most stubborn stones... but the cure is almost as bad as the stone.
[ol][*]Drink two 6-packs of Coke within 2 hours. NOT Diet Coke; not Pepsi. No going to the bathroom during this time![*]At the end of the 2 hours eat as much pureed asparagus as you can stand. The next time you pee (you won't have to wait long), it should come out as fine sand.[/ol]

Old 03-29-2008 | 07:28 PM
voyager1
|
Outstanding HDF Member

ORIGINAL: Mr. Lucky

My sympathies. I've stuggled with those things most of my adult life. The key (for me anyway) seems to be staying physically active and drinking plenty of water. When I was laid up last year I couldn't follow that advice and had to have the ESWL treatment (AKA, "the stone crusher"). That was fun -- NOT!

Here's a home remedy that works for all but the largest, most stubborn stones... but the cure is almost as bad as the stone.
[ol][*]Drink two 6-packs of Coke within 2 hours. NOT Diet Coke; not Pepsi. No going to the bathroom during this time![*]At the end of the 2 hours eat as much pureed asparagus as you can stand. The next time you pee (you won't have to wait long), it should come out as fine sand.[/ol]
wow !!! as i think about the pain before passing one. there is just no way for me, LOl... Another i have heard is to jump up and down till it passes.

Old 03-29-2008 | 08:58 PM
snakeinthegrass
Road Master

Not trying to outdo anyone but I have passed over 36 of those buggers. Had lithotripsy once to crush one. Still have some in both kidneys but they are in the meat and nota threat at this point. Been lucky, haven't had any problems in the last22 years. Started at age 29 last one passed at age 44 (66 now). I don't recommend them to anyone. All of you that have had them, I have felt your pain. The Stoner brotherhood, I like that. Need a stoner patch for my leather jacket.

Old 03-29-2008 | 09:12 PM
voyager1
|
Outstanding HDF Member

ORIGINAL: snakeinthegrass

Not trying to outdo anyone but I have passed over 36 of those buggers. Had lithotripsy once to crush one. Still have some in both kidneys but they are in the meat and nota threat at this point. Been lucky, haven't had any problems in the last22 years. Started at age 29 last one passed at age 44 (66 now). I don't recommend them to anyone. All of you that have had them, I have felt your pain. The Stoner brotherhood, I like that. Need a stoner patch for my leather jacket.
There ya go.. Got me beat, dagnapit,Lol.. Stoner patch , LOl.. We can laugh about it now, eh ? But oh no, not when those barbed stones are passing and ripping your insides out , what think ?

Uric Acid

Brushite

Carbonate Apatite

Calcium Oxalate Monohydrate deposited over Silica

Silica (Canine)

Struvite

Uric Acid

Calcium Oxalate Monohydrate

Stuvite with staple

Calcium Oxalate Monohydrate with superficial Dihydrate

Calcium Oxalate Monohydrate

Calcium Oxalate Dihydrate

Calcium Oxalate Monohydrate (coated with Triamterene)

Xanthine

Brushite

Struvite (Ferret)

[URL=http://www.herringlab.com/photos/19-Uad100.jpg][/l

Old 03-29-2008 | 09:30 PM
creter
Advanced

Those are wicked pictures voyager1. Thanks god Im a beer drinker. I aint never had one, and by the sounds of things I hope it stays that way. That brings tears to your eyes just thinking about it. My hats off to all of you guys. Hope you never pass another.

Old 03-29-2008 | 09:53 PM
voyager1
|
Outstanding HDF Member

Perhaps more beer is the answer !!! I do know a lot has to do with genes. If your dad had stones, odds are very hi the son will get them, and you guessed it , yep, my dad had them too . I am thinking if this rotten Ohio weather would only warm up, it would keep the stones away with some good ride time !!! And this has been a wiked march here,with lots of cold/snow and the hits just keep on coming with no good weather in sight. I just can't hang with cold weather riding anymore.

Old 03-29-2008 | 10:12 PM
creter
Advanced

What don't land on you Voyager1 ends up here in southern Ontario. Been a hell of a winter here as well. Ive been out riding as much as I can though. I guess If I get a stone I can crush it and keep the rubble in my bags for traction on the ice. Nice to see another Heritage rider wanting to hit the road. And remember,,Its not cold till your nose starts running.

Quick Reply: I was stoned today !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!