Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Knee-Draggin' a FatBoy!! *pics*

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2008 | 08:20 AM
PoorBoy
Outstanding HDF Member
Default RE: Knee-Draggin' a FatBoy!! *pics*

Great pics! Your bike looks awesome!!!!

I'm not knee-draggin', but I am getting good at "sharpening" my floorboards. Hee heeee.

[sm=icon_cheers.gif]

Old 03-28-2008 | 03:33 PM
MarkandMary
Road Captain

That's one of the best looking FatBoys I have seen, Great Job on her.............

Old 03-28-2008 | 04:42 PM
Screamin00
Tourer

ive put my step dads floor boards on the ground pretty often and my bike has heel rests on the the foot pegs so those hit before anything does, not that its lowered they may need to come off because they find the ground pretty often anymore

Old 03-28-2008 | 04:50 PM
*NIGHT TRAIN*
Ultimate HDF Member

Fat Boys aren'tnormally my style, but that's one damn fine lookin' bike there...[sm=signs007.gif]

Old 04-02-2008 | 01:37 PM
Kawii
Stage I

You have Great pic,Bike-You-View're magnificent.but better if i sit back..ahaHahIn Thailand we use horse and elephant..<j/k> but I think should be nice if ride horse on the beach..I don't have HD bike to show you and I don't know anything about engine ,..Thank you very much for specialone who sent me kick start vdo. My leg not hurt any more.

Old 04-02-2008 | 02:46 PM
ga4boats
Road Warrior

Loader, what handle bars to you have on your bike?

Old 04-03-2008 | 06:45 AM
bluehogdog
Intermediate

dude r u gona answer the dude about the air cleaner cover that is what i am looking for

Old 04-03-2008 | 11:53 PM
soulfish
Cruiser

Just got my baby home today after a long winter of damage control. I'll be posting some pics tomorrow with new D&D, Mustang solo, Deluxe aux lights and detatchable 1200 bags. It's been a long cold Michigan winter but I did get 10 mi today. Poorboy and Texas Fatboy and you aviators, I will join in soon with my pics and support for the FLSTF. PEACE and prayers for our boys and girls overseas. God please give me another day of +50° weather before I lose my mind in the Great North. Thank you AMEN.

Old 04-04-2008 | 12:01 AM
mcpastor
Tourer

ORIGINAL: MarkandMary

That's one of the best looking FatBoys I have seen, Great Job on her.............
I agree... TOP NOTCH!!!

Old 04-04-2008 | 06:26 PM
loader
|
Cruiser

Hi all - Sorry for the delay in responses, Thanks for the comments!
The motor is 103" built to shred-
I will try to get to all the questions below.
Ride hard!

ORIGINAL: 2ForHD

which air cleaner cover are you using? Like the look of it and your bike.
Tha air cleaner was custom made from a solid piece of billet by Dewey out in New Mexico. I added the Screamin' Eagle emblem myself.

ORIGINAL: kato1964

Great pics! Not quite draggin' a knee there, but I'd think on a Fatty that would mean bad things were occurring. I have to con the wife in to taking some shots of me like that this summer. And that is one sweet looking ride you've got there. What are those rims?
Thewheels are Aspen by Renegade Wheels

ORIGINAL: peterson24

Hey Loader what wheels/tires and sizes are you running? Looking to upgrade the wheels on my 07. Thanks in advance!
18 x 3.5" on the rear
19 x 3" on the front
Metzler all round.
200mm rear - 120 on the front.

ORIGINAL: ga4boats

Loader, what handle bars to you have on your bike?
Carlini SuperSweeps 1.5" diameter / Fatboy = FatBars

The floorboards were removed and replaced with Accutronix Diamond Arm/Rubber peg FWD controls. The left back plate was custom made by Accutronix to fit the 2007 Fatboy. Brake line is a Russel with a banjo bolt brake light switch replacing the original. The kickstand mount, spring, and the stand itself was Frankensteined to match up with the new primary/motor.. I think I still need a different stand.

Handlebars are 9” rise 1.5” thick Carlini Supersweeps. Fat bars for a fat front end. The headlight nacelle is a stock Harley part but has been modified alongwith a custom top plate to accept the 1.5” diameter Drag Bars. Hand controls are HD but the housings were after market and had to be drilled for the clutch switch and mirror wires. Mirrors are the Maximum directionals with three very bright orange LEDs in each mirror taking the signals off the trees and giving a nice clean look. All wiring is internal and out of sight.

Wheels are the new Aspens from Renegade 19” front-18”rear combined with matching rotors/pulley.(Drove to the shop and purchased directly from the great manChuck himself) Metzler 880 Marathon tires. Brake pads are from Lyndall racing and offer superior rotor friendly braking with zero dust. Chrome swingarm, wheel spacers, rear brake mount, caliper inserts, script axle covers and Chrome front end. Progressive suspension front and back with a 1” drop. Handles amazing!

The seat is custom made from Danny Gray (Also rode up to get it fitted at the shop) included is a detachable passenger pillion that far exceeds the comfort of the stock seats. Added a detachable sissy bar/luggage rack for two-up road trips. People have asked if I have detachable bags..no.

As far as the small things there are the flush mounted gas cap and fuel gauge, chrome bolts dressing the engine, swingarm inserts, bolt cover, brake line and clutch covers, rear directional relocation, custom shaped Arlen Ness license plate mount(slammed on the fender w/perfect contour)<-- sorry- proud of that, it took 3hrs..

All work done by yours truly
9000miles on her!
For most of you HD veterans it’s mostly straight forward.
Keep in mind I started this project in October 06 when the 07 models were barely out and part purchasing was sketchy! It seems like everything had to be shaved, drilled or cut.
So I hope to inspire fellow riders new to the sport/life or looking to customize.

Loader ~

Quick Reply: Knee-Draggin' a FatBoy!! *pics*