Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Cops Impounded My train!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2008, 05:57 PM
fuzzy20
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Cops Impounded My train!!!!

Ive been riding harleys for 4 years and bikes for 25 I never carry anything I just went monday to get my motorcycle lic

Old 03-27-2008, 03:13 AM
mplecha
Stellar HDF Member
Received 165 Likes on 102 Posts

it's a good thing they can'twrite youa ticket for being stupid..

Old 03-27-2008, 11:59 AM
jpowell490
Road Master
Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

Yea I smell a load of bullshit. I just bought a sporty and picking up a night train tomorrow, if you had dealer temp tags, they mail you everything in a few weeks. Not only are you lying, you got busted and you are too stupid to talk your way out of it in court because we caught you here. Pay the fine so they don't get you for perjury in court. Also what vest were you wearing? That was your second mistake, let me get this straight you presumably wear an outlaw biker vest of some sort out to ride a bike that has expired registration? Jesus Christ you need hooked on phonics.

Old 03-27-2008, 12:08 PM
rapz
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

All I do when stopped for speeding is take off my helmet so they know I'm an old man...no ticket yet! Never ridden w/o registration/plates.

Old 03-27-2008, 12:24 PM
SD Night Train
Cruiser

I cant believe what you CA guys get charged for licensing vehicles. You should move to South Dakota....I pay less than $50/year to renew my plates.

Old 03-27-2008, 12:37 PM
sporty06
Road Captain

In Texas we can keep the ticket from appearing on the insurance driving record (no points) if the judge will grant deferred judication. You usually pay court fees equal to the amount of the ticket but nothing goes on your record, unless you get another ticket while on deferred judication. This is really just a probation for a specific period of time, usually 90 days and some judges will require you take a defensive driving course. However, if you get another ticket within the 90 days then both tickets go on your driving record and your insurance company smiles for the next 3-4 years.

It works for the court and it works for you. The court gets the money they are after and you only pay once for the ticket (by not having to pay increased insurance for 3-4 years).

Dude, your guilty. All you can do at this point is try to minimize the impact. If deferred judication is available in California then ask for it to save yourself some money on insurance. Also, take all of your up to date paper with you to the court to show that you have now complied with the law. They may drop those charges or reduce the fine. However, they will still nail you on the speeding and that is when you request deferred judication. Don't be shy, tell the judge you are requesting deferred judication so that you only pay the fine once and do not want to be penalized yearly by your insurance company. Most judges understand and are sympathetic, unless you have a lot of speeding tickets on your record already. If you already have a lot speeding violations then just quietly pay up.

Just my $.02