Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How's the ride of a Springer?

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2008 | 05:52 AM
Broncoboy989
Intermediate
Default RE: How's the ride of a Springer?

The big change from my 97 FXSTC to my 98 FXSTS was the weight in the front end. Not really better or worse just different. I like the Springer looks better but the extra weight took some getting used to.

Old 04-04-2008 | 01:09 AM
Tralfaz
Road Master

Longest trip for me was Dallas to Hot Springs, Arkansas. Brought gear for camping and did about 350 miles on the way out there. I also just did day trip a couple weekends ago that ended up at about 360 miles. To be honest, my biggest problem was my throttle hand getting a bit stiff.

Like bgismo20 I've got things rigged up so that I can just pop on the saddle bags. Arkansas also has a few mountain roads in the area I went to, so the trip included a bit of travel on the twisty roads and aside from being careful in the turns to avoid dragging my floorboards, it handled very well. As black mountain said, it also stands out a little. There were a ton of motorcycles at the campground I went to and in Hot Springs, but I was pretty much on my own as far as riding a Springer.

Old 04-04-2008 | 05:36 AM
bgismo20
Road Warrior

ORIGINAL: Tralfaz

Longest trip for me was Dallas to Hot Springs, Arkansas. Brought gear for camping and did about 350 miles on the way out there. I also just did day trip a couple weekends ago that ended up at about 360 miles. To be honest, my biggest problem was my throttle hand getting a bit stiff.

Like bgismo20 I've got things rigged up so that I can just pop on the saddle bags. Arkansas also has a few mountain roads in the area I went to, so the trip included a bit of travel on the twisty roads and aside from being careful in the turns to avoid dragging my floorboards, it handled very well. As black mountain said, it also stands out a little. There were a ton of motorcycles at the campground I went to and in Hot Springs, but I was pretty much on my own as far as riding a Springer.
Usually im the only Springer classic, wherever i go, Get tons of compliments, as far as hitting those twisties, I ground off ALOT of my floorboards on the dragon, it doesnt bother me to drag, its kind of expected lol

Old 04-04-2008 | 10:07 AM
Bluzmn59
Outstanding HDF Member

I love my Springer! You feel the road, kind of like the difference in driving a passenger car and a Corvette. It is not as smooth and soft as riding my Ultra, but I actually like it better.