Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Getting a full face helmet.

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2008, 10:20 AM
boone432
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Getting a full face helmet.

my wife is 6 months pregnant with my first baby. And a boy! Doesnt get much better than that. So, when I first found out around thanksgiving, I put the bike up for sale. Now, I'm gonna keep it and just wear a helmet. Since I was gonna sell it bc I don't want my son to be without me through life, and I don't wanna miss seeing him grow up to ride along side me. So, just wondering who else is sporting the full face? And what helmet? Brand/model?

Old 03-20-2008, 10:24 AM
OneBlackFly
Club Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Getting a full face helmet.

First, congratulations on the good news. As for helmets, I like the HJC brand, the AC series. Reasonably priced too.

Old 03-20-2008, 10:25 AM
DyNaBoB
Elite HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i dont wear a helmet unless im on the snowmobile or wheeler but HJC has some killer lids with cool paint on them for around 200 bucks

Old 03-20-2008, 10:40 AM
Korbenw7p3c
Tourer
Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Congrats! I drank the cool-aid and bought the Stealth full face from the MoCo. Nice fit, and dig the option of flipping up the shield only, or the full front of the helmet. No regrets.

Old 03-20-2008, 10:49 AM
2002fatboy
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Congrats on the baby boy to be! I havne't worn a full face since I owned a Honda years ago. Now sport a MoCo half shell.

Old 03-20-2008, 11:08 AM
TheBreeze521
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Congrats on the new addition. I wear a fullface (almost always) for just the same reason. You can find some reasonably priced with SNELL 2005 certification (better thanDOT). Mine is madebyZ1R and it's very good for the price paid. ($125 at www.motorcycle-superstore.com). There are some good Bell helmets on that site as well.

Fullface helmets are a bit hot--not unbearable--in the summer and guys who think they are tough are going to look down on you. Don't worry about those idiots just do what you gotta do and enjoy riding!!

Old 03-20-2008, 11:41 AM
cspcrx
Tourer

I have the HD flip up with gost flames. My wife has the HJC flip up. Both are very nice. In all honesty the HD is made by HJC. Found this out when I had to replace the shield and HD wanted $40 for it. I found the same thing at a honda dealer for $20. I like the flip up since at slower speeds I can flip it up and get more air or for ease of communicating.

Old 03-20-2008, 12:10 PM
Rhubarb
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Shoei or Arai for true comfort and performance. I don't know what is missing, but something has to be for a helmet to be $125 in todays market. I wear a shoei rf-1000 every day hot or cold, rain or shine. Comfortable and reasonably quiet.

Old 03-20-2008, 12:23 PM
tlb
Elite HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

I wear a fullface for the same reason just for my grandson. My grandfather was an important person in my life and I want to be in my grandsons life too.
The wife and I wear Scorpion EXO-700 kevlar fiberglass mesh. DOT and Snell approved, quiet, vented, and comfortable. cost about 150.00 they do run a little small so try one on before buying online. That goes for any helmet.

Old 03-20-2008, 12:57 PM
Waltman
Tourer

ORIGINAL: tlb

I wear a fullface for the same reason just for my grandson. My grandfather was an important person in my life and I want to be in my grandsons life too....
Hmm, reality check people,you guys actually think a helmet is going to save your life in a major accident? Statistics show helmet usage protects YOUR HEAD against major injuries, but what about the rest of your body? We see examples of it all the time, like theMOTORCYCLE COPwho, apparently lost control,crashed and died while watching Clinton's cavalcade, or the idiot old man who "didn't see the bike" and rammed and killeda MOTORYCLECOP, any more?Ride defensively, keep your distance and stay away from those cagerstalking oncell phones.

I do wear a helmet every day, and also thinking of getting a full face helmet, I am tired of being hit by debri in the face all the time. A flip up sounds good.

Quick Reply: Getting a full face helmet.