Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Getting a full face helmet.

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2008, 11:01 AM
Saint666
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Getting a full face helmet.

Congrats for the baby!!!,..

Shoei,Nolan or Arai helmets,i think all these brands are the best,..
Let em give u an advise,try not to get a good deal with the helmet just get
a good one,..just in case.
I was told that every helmet has an expire date,,i dont know if its true but maybe u want to ask about that too.
i thinl 4/5 years.

Old 03-28-2008, 11:06 AM
flash1034
Tourer
Received 47 Likes on 21 Posts

Check out either Arai or Shoei. Arai has a new full face Corsair Helmet with a skull and crossbones paint scheme that is really bitchin. Wear only a top quality helmet. If you crash, you'll be thanking God you did.

Flash

Old 03-28-2008, 10:46 PM
ChrisA351
Advanced

Congrats on the baby. I have 2 small kids and I ride. I try to be as safe as I can.

I wear a full face (I dont know the brand). I also wear Bohn body armorunder my leather jacket.

Dont care about being cool. The only people I care about are my kids...they need me and my earnings to feed them. So laugh all ya want.

Funny thing though. I read this forum and all these guys are talking that they wear a full face or whatever.

When I ride I have to say at least 80% of the Harley riders I see have no helmet at all.

I dont know where you all are but I feel like the odd man out when I pull up to a stoplight and some dudes pull up to me.

Ride safe!!!

It seems I am the only one with a helmet on.

Old 03-28-2008, 11:20 PM
madcitycustom
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I also have a Shoe rf-1000, seen hanging from mybike in the profile pic. Previously, I owned an el cheepo HD helmet which was made by AGV I think. There was a huge difference in weight and in wind resistance between the two, but I still think improvements could be made regarding aerodynamics. I think full face helmets are tested in a wind tunnel when they are in the position a sport bike rider would normally be positioned in, that is, leaning forward. While a cruiser like a Harley-Davidson places the rider in a more upright position so the wind flow over the helmet is somewhat different. I wish the helmet mfg's would come out with models more aerodynamically suited for cruising positions. Of course, the point is moot if one has a windshield.

The other thing you should consider, and really the biggest improvement I found between el cheepo and the Shoe was my field of vision. The Shoe gave me a much larger field of view, to the sides and down as well.

One final observation I have made about my riding. When I ride without the helmet, I ride much more defensively,not following as close or driving as fast. Anyone else witness this of themselves?

Old 03-29-2008, 08:10 AM
sportncruise
Road Captain

ORIGINAL: madcitycustom

I also have a Shoe rf-1000, seen hanging from mybike in the profile pic. Previously, I owned an el cheepo HD helmet which was made by AGV I think. There was a huge difference in weight and in wind resistance between the two, but I still think improvements could be made regarding aerodynamics. I think full face helmets are tested in a wind tunnel when they are in the position a sport bike rider would normally be positioned in, that is, leaning forward. While a cruiser like a Harley-Davidson places the rider in a more upright position so the wind flow over the helmet is somewhat different. I wish the helmet mfg's would come out with models more aerodynamically suited for cruising positions. Of course, the point is moot if one has a windshield.

The other thing you should consider, and really the biggest improvement I found between el cheepo and the Shoe was my field of vision. The Shoe gave me a much larger field of view, to the sides and down as well.

One final observation I have made about my riding. When I ride without the helmet, I ride much more defensively,not following as close or driving as fast. Anyone else witness this of themselves?
This is a little off subject but still safety related.
Yes, I have often made comments about how seat belts and helmets give people a false sense of security and that they feel safer than they really are. This then allows them to do more stupid things than they otherwise would do.
Most think I am stupid for saying this but I know how I feel so I guess it is all I can comment on!
This is the gear I wear even on the Harley!