Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Power Commander or HD download for Softail?

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2008, 05:22 PM
cecil1
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Power Commander or HD download for Softail?

Long story short. I had a Nighster with Bub Jug Huggers on it,with the Stage One kit, and HD download. The bike ran like a beast. I now have a Fat Boy, with Jug Huggers on the way. The question is, should I do the same with the Stage One kit and HD download, or go with the power commander? Thanks in advance for the advice!!! I love these fourms and fellow bikers!!

Old 03-18-2008, 07:24 PM
Twolf
Road Master
Default RE: Power Commander or HD download for Softail?

ORIGINAL: cecil1

Long story short. I had a Nighster with Bub Jug Huggers on it,with the Stage One kit, and HD download. The bike ran like a beast. I now have a Fat Boy, with Jug Huggers on the way. The question is, should I do the same with the Stage One kit and HD download, or go with the power commander? Thanks in advance for the advice!!! I love these fourms and fellow bikers!!
Man, STAY AWAY from the download. If ya plan mild mods, the PC is the way ta go.
If ya plan some HEAVY mods in the future, cams, heads, big bore, etc, get a TMax.

Old 03-18-2008, 07:38 PM
mfelsk
Advanced

I have an 04 Fat Boy. When i got it it had SE pipes and a stage 1 kit with a down load and it ran.I put Samson BG3s and the power comander and it runs like a new bike it was a huge diffrence. If i could do it again i would do the same thing again. I am very happy with my Power Commander. If you have any questions talk to the people at Fuel Moto they will program it for you when you order it.

Old 03-18-2008, 07:41 PM
uglyd1
Novice

Power Commander all the way. You can make all the changes you want for free, free, free! Easy to do also. I'm no computer whiz and have never had a problem programming my pc. It's easy, dynojet did the hard part!

Old 03-18-2008, 08:49 PM
Deluxechuck
Tourer

I say PCIII. The dealership will charge you way too much. If you can do it yourself then do it. Don't get robbed at the dealership.