Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2 into one opinion

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2008, 09:09 AM
Marsh
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: 2 into one opinion

Nice Yogi. They look great on your bike. Looking forward to seeint the new pics.
Marsh

Old 03-17-2008, 09:11 AM
hspring03
Elite HDF Member
Received 53 Likes on 49 Posts

ORIGINAL: Marsh

Anyone know how much the Reinharts cost. They don't list prices as far as I can tell.
marsh
$500-600

Old 03-17-2008, 09:57 AM
Live2Ride
Banned Camp
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I voted for you to keep the V&H that you have now. I like 2-into-1 exhausts, but I don't think they look right on all bikes. You have a very nostalgic look for your bike now. I think the 2-into-1 would ruin that look. A set of V&H Longshots would look really good, though. That would give you the longer exhaust, and a thicker look going all the way to the rear. So it would be similar to the thickness and length of a 2-into-1 exhaust. I think you should keep the nostalgic look, and just admire 2-into-1's on other people's bikes. If you do decide to go with 2-into-1's, Rineharts are very nice. I love the sound. I also like the design of the Cobra setup I have on my bike. I like that it doesn't have the megaphone styling, and also that it's not as common as other setups. I think a good compromise for nostalgic look and still 2-into-1 would be the fishtail style 2-into-1's. http://www.jpcycles.com/productgroup...E-8D3B55AEEB38 Of course this is all just my opinion. I'm sure your bike is gonna look good no matter which you choose.

Old 03-17-2008, 11:39 AM
nsodpty52
Tourer

D&D fatcat
or a Thunder header
I run Thunder header duals on my bagger and love it.

Old 03-17-2008, 04:22 PM
Buddha4
Road Warrior
Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

I ran Thunderheader and this winter I switched to RB Racing LSR. I like the sound of the RB. but the weather hasn't cooperated to get the bike on the Dyno for an actually perfomance difference.

Old 03-17-2008, 04:29 PM
The Baron
Banned
Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

I've got a V&H Pro Pipe that i took off my 02 FXST if you want to get a cheaper 2-1 to see if you like it. It's a damn good performing exhaust, it just didn't fit the style that I was looking for.

PM me if you are interested. Beats buying a new one and finding out that you don't like it.

Old 03-18-2008, 11:22 AM
trafficjams
Road Warrior

ORIGINAL: beaureed445

Marsh, here is my opinion (and it's just an opinion).....I realize that 2 into 1's are greatfor performance, and would be the best option for performance. With that said, I prefer your current pipes, simply because I think that they compliment the look that you've established. Your scoot looks great as it is, and I think that the 2 into 1 would not fit into your design. Again, just my .02.....good luck with your decision.
+1

my opinion on 2-1's is that they generally upset established flowback lines of the bike where they turn down/up into the 1 muffler. i appreciate straight horizontal lines on a harley.

on your bike in particular you have the horizontal front fender chrome, the rear fender strut, etc. even your beachbars, in my opinion accent your current pipe scheme... they balance each other pretty good.

but then... this is only my opinion. this forum has presented ways to both reinforce and change my opinion. i value everyones tastes here.

i voted a stay of execution on your current pipes.

Old 03-18-2008, 11:56 AM
nsodpty52
Tourer

Trafficjams has a very good point. He has kinda swayed me. if you want performance 2 into 1 has dyno numbers to prove its more powerful. if you want looks your bike would look unbelievable with a set of fish tip true duals. straight pipes to the fish tips. I think vance and hines makes some. here is a link

http://store02.prostores.com/servlet...Detail?no=2907

Old 03-19-2008, 03:44 PM
Jackman
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You have a very nice looking scoot. I am a 2-1 guy but I htink that you would be making a mistake to change. your bike has style and class.

Old 03-20-2008, 12:02 AM
05 HD Deluxe
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Mash

Like the look as it is. If you are set on a change I would look at true duals with the look and flow of your bike. I have the SE double barel pipes on my deluxe which are basicly the same looking pipe as yours. I have considered changing to the V&H true duals for the looks or the Flush Rineharts. The flush rineharts would not give much of a change in looks. My bike is running so good right now withthe pipes and download I am afraid to screw with a good thing.
If you like the black end caps and are considering true duals for your bike. I would suggest waiting a few months to see what comes out. I amwaiting

Quick Reply: 2 into one opinion