Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Vance & Hines Big Radius on Rocker: Problem SOLVED! (pics - 56k warning)

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2008, 10:06 PM
Rocketman69
Road Captain
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: Vance & Hines Big Radius on Rocker: Problem SOLVED! (pics - 56k warning)

Phil and Eric,

I replied back. Both of your brackts shipped out tonight. Also, anyone who has sent payment, your brackets shipped tonight as well, excpet for jhleek, who's will go out tomorrow. If anyone else needs a bracket, make sure you get ahold of me pronto. Not sure how much longer I will have some left. Thanks again to everyone for your patronage.

Old 06-03-2008, 11:46 AM
reds2harleys
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Vance & Hines Big Radius on Rocker: Problem SOLVED! (pics - 56k warning)

Rocketman, I have an 08 Softail Rocker C myself that I picked up about a month ago. Heres my experience with these pipes. When I took delivery I had the 103 Kit done with the SE slip on mufflers. When I went to pick it up there was another Rocker getting delivered that had the V & H Big Radius pipes on it and I loved the way they looked so I spoke to the tech and he said they went on without any trouble. I went home and emailed V & H and was told they don't fit. I decided to wait. About a week later on a wednesday night at Rutts Hut I saw another Rocker with the same pipes on it and spoke to the owner who also said they fit no trouble. This all seemed curious to me so I searched E-Bay and found a Rocker with the V & H pipes on it and emailed him, for the 3rd time I was told ( by someone who installed them ) that they fit no trouble so I finally bit the bullet and ordered them. I figured that 3 bikes is enough to say they'll work. When I went to put them on I was concerned about fitment but within an hour they were on the bike and I was taking a test ride. The only thing I will say is that the gap on yours seems to be more consistant than on mine but I only noticed it because I was looking for any little difference. They have been on my Rocker for 1000 miles now with no problems. However, if for $ 30 your bracket makes them fit a little more uniformlyI would be interested, plus I could get it chromed before installing without taking the bike apart and making it unrideable while the chroming was done. Just let me know how I can obtain one from you. I do have an Ebay/Paypal account if you want to do it that way. Thanks, Red

Old 06-03-2008, 12:00 PM
Rocketman69
Road Captain

Red,

I've installed these pipes several times now. I don't understand how anyone can honestly say they "fit fine with no problems". I had to bend the bracket that came with my pipes just to get them to even bolt on. Even then, the pipes would not sit flush against the bracket until they were torqued down. This put way too much stress on the pipes, especially at the cylinder head. Once installed, the gap between the pipes will be noticably tighter from front to rear, and the bottom pipe will stick out away from the frame more than the top pipe will.

Beleive me, if they "fit with no problems" I would never had spent all this time trying to build a bracket to make them fit properly. I was at a dealership recently and mentioned the bracket issue, and the Service guy told me the same thing. "They fit with no problems." He took me out to a bike they had installed them on, and the signs were all there. Once I showed him the problems, he agreed they had some trouble getting everything bolted up, and that the alignment was not very good.

If you're interested in a bracket that will make the pipes fit right, send me an email.

Old 06-05-2008, 12:55 PM
wadobb
Novice

Gib,

I saw this thread and being **** retentive, I called the dealer I bought my Rocker from and asked them if they had heard anything from V &amp\\; H. The guy said no and gave me your contact info. How about that? He told me to order the bracket from you and they would put the pipes on.
[ol][*]I want to get one of your brackets asap. Let me know how to get you the funds (Paypal, etc.)[*]How hard would it be to mount these myself, what do I have to worry about, and what could go wrong?[*]Is there any way that they could say that I voided the warranty by installing the pipes myself?[*]Can get the pipes cheaper through mail order than at the dealer given the dealer is giving me a 20% discount (about $560)?[/ol]
Thanks for your help and the contribution to the cause.

-Benny

Old 06-05-2008, 02:24 PM
rockerheadsteve
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Old 06-05-2008, 08:05 PM
Rocketman69
Road Captain

Benny,

I'm trying to send you an email.....stand by.

Old 06-05-2008, 10:48 PM
wadobb
Novice

PMed.

Old 06-07-2008, 09:54 AM
rocker c ottawa
Novice

worked great gib rhansk allot brother

Old 06-11-2008, 04:23 PM
BigBones
Advanced

pmed. Rocketman69 tnx

Old 06-15-2008, 06:47 PM
cnd_rocker
6th Gear

Thanks gib got the bracket and it as been sent out to get put on!! Thanks again!!

Quick Reply: Vance & Hines Big Radius on Rocker: Problem SOLVED! (pics - 56k warning)