Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Mixed theme on my bike???

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2008 | 08:24 PM
coopmonte
Road Master
Default RE: Mixed theme on my bike???

I think you have a good mix going there, both seem to blend very well. I agree with others the skulls are very nice as long as its not over done. Overall do what you like, its your bike.

Old 03-11-2008 | 08:47 PM
mulch63
Road Master

I agree with imboden....MIX IT UP. Too much of any one thing is like your collecting stuff....ie skulls, flames. Its your bike but don't get gaudie. There is a lot of stuff out there, look around at some Ness, Drag Specialties ect.

I remember when my wife noticed my grips didn't match my pegs...I said "Thank God". BTW I really like how you mixed up the grips and boards. Go with your gut, don't conform.

Jim

Old 03-11-2008 | 08:58 PM
*NIGHT TRAIN*
Ultimate HDF Member

Ironic...I was awake all night last night, worried if my friends thought my theme was all wrong...[sm=laughingsmilie.gif]

Old 03-11-2008 | 09:22 PM
WARG
Elite HDF Member

I kind of went back and forth with this as well. I ended up doing the HD diamond plate boards, pegs, grips, shifter, etc. (all the utility parts) and went with skull stuff on the primary cover, mirrors, timer cover, gas gauge, A/C cover (decorative parts). I just really liked both collections and felt they meshed well together. Bottom line, if you like it, who cares.

Old 03-11-2008 | 09:23 PM
Marsh
Outstanding HDF Member

I was called to task by my indy wrench over that very thing. Seems I had some Willie G skulls and some something else. He said I shouldn't mix my themes.
I know it's only his opinion and everyone has one, but I have seen a number of bikes he's built and he does know his Harley's.
Bottom line, do what pleases you.
Marsh

Old 03-12-2008 | 05:53 AM
Stevenacnj
Tourer

Just pick the parts you like - dont worry what someone else might like. I have mixed theme parts. I am mixed up!

Old 03-12-2008 | 06:17 AM
darkman
Outstanding HDF Member

Lol, Pull your self together man!!I kinda like blue n black n mmmmn oh chrome! Its your brush n canvas just do it n if you dont like it then change it. Thats the fun part!! A few $ is a small price to pay to make the world a happy place.

Old 03-12-2008 | 06:39 AM
nikonf8
Supporter

Mike go with your gut and do what feels right to you. if we all do it the way every one else does. there would never be any thing new going on

Old 03-12-2008 | 09:23 AM
DrawDown
Road Master

Those 2 you have go together ok. I have the skull floorboards, chrome levers, derby and timer cover on mine and the rest is the stealth collection which is mostly chrome and i think mine goes together great. Just enough skulls...not overdone. Take a look at my pics. Anyways, its you bike, who gives a damn what others think. Keep rockin it!

Old 03-12-2008 | 05:00 PM
Strgzr
|
Tourer

Thanks guys. Good stuff... I'm happy to mixed up too. Great looking bikes out there and even better straight talk. StaySAFE!!![sm=biker.gif]

Mike

Quick Reply: Mixed theme on my bike???