Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Big city thunder baffles ?

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2006, 05:16 PM
rick
Road Warrior
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Big city thunder baffles ?

What can anyone tell me about these baffles,advantages /disadvantages.I'm waiting to receive my V&H Bigshots staggered for my 02 flstfi(stage1)and am wondering if the baffles are worth it.Also i know when i get the pipes i dont have to remap,would i have to if i got the baffles?thanks

Old 02-03-2006, 10:48 AM
budzilla
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Big city thunder baffles ?

Talk to the reps at Big City Thunder , here is their phone number , 1-704-364-7243 . I spoke to them before I installed mine , they were a tremendous help. Http://www.Bigcitythunder.com

Old 02-16-2006, 11:14 AM
cgall66
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Last year I bought a set os V&H Big Shot Shorts, after installing them I did not rejet my carb. Needless to say the damn thing took forever to start and when it backfired a ball of fire about the size of basketball would come out the carb. We tried running with the V&H baffles still ran like crap, tried cutting those down 1" at a timeand that still didn't help. I called Big City Thunder and talked with the owner about the trouble I was having he wouldn't guarantee this would solve the proble without rejetting but told me there was a good chance it might. So I ordered them when they came in I showed them to my brother, he looked at them and said there is noway these things will fix your problem. So he installed them in a matter of 30 minutes, bike started right up and and sounded better than it ever has, I told him to take it on the first test run, 15 minutes later he pulled in and the first thing out of his mouth was how much were they, I said $80.00 he said I gotta get a set of these. They work pretty good with the new straight pipes and you will love the sound, send me a message if you have questions on this topic.

Craig G.

Old 02-16-2006, 12:39 PM
rick
Road Warrior
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I just installed my V&H bigshots staggered last week.I have the stage1 on my 02 flstfi fatboy and upon install of the pipes we didnt do any changes.bIKE RUNS GREAT.They sound nice the way they are.I dont know now if i'll be getting the big city's.I guess time will tell.If for some reason i'm able to hear them on another bike i may jump on it right away.But for now i'm satisfied,maybe later i'll get them i dont know something is really gouing to have to put me over the fence.IF IT AINT BROKE DONT FIX IT.

Old 02-16-2006, 01:28 PM
Springerfan
Road Warrior
Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

I just installed a set on my Springer Classic with EFI. I have the HD SE II mufflers and removed the baffles. The Thunder Monsters are installed in the head pipes per the instructions. I have not had a chance to road test yet but I fired it up in the garage. Man are they loud! Sounds like straight pipes. Hopefully it will run ok, it did fire right off.