Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

The LOUDEST pipes

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2008, 10:10 AM
Frisian HD
Road Master
Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: The LOUDEST pipes

ORIGINAL: Deuce Bigelow

Translation please.....

Okay, what I meant was that there is no baffles inthem slip-ons, after using them a while the innerside of 'm is covered in black *****, soot or whatever, the sound turned into a nice dark rumble!!

Still to loud tho!!!

Old 03-09-2008, 01:21 PM
Rev. BigBlock
Advanced
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Man, you guys have me chucklin'! Greatinfo and experiences! Old friends and I have always loved loud pipes ever since we rodeBSA and Triumph 650cc bikes years ago.We ran "megaphones", and we'd take offthe verticalbaffle plate (the one and only baffle) from the rear to make 'em even louder.Lots of fun for short rides, especially out in the country - and the girls loved it, too. My last ride was a Boss Hoss ZZ4 (350 Chevy V8with 355HP). I ranstraight/open pipes on it and it sounded good, but surprisingly not loud. Sold it after a while because it was just too big and heavy(1,100 pounds), and every time I parked it, a crowd would gather, gawk,and ask a lot of questions.Was goingto buy a 2008 Fat Boy or Softail Deluxe, but after reading the forums, decided to wait till the summerto see what Harleydoes forthe 2009'sto decrease heat and oil leakage, and increase HP andtorque.

The following users liked this post:
Brooke Anne Harrell (01-02-2021)
Old 03-09-2008, 02:34 PM
Finksies
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I took the baffles out of my fatty with V&H long shots. Backfires every now and then, sounds sick.

Old 03-09-2008, 03:11 PM
TowJam
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

but after reading the forums, decided to wait till the summerto see what Harleydoes forthe 2009'sto decrease heat and oil leakage, and increase HP andtorque.
What "oil leakage"?

Old 03-09-2008, 03:51 PM
beepo
Tourer
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I was sitting in an Arby's over the summer and a V-rod pulled up to the light outside. It looked like a pair of Samson sweepers, and sounded like a loud a** thunderstorm. I swear it looked like the windows were about to implode.

Old 03-09-2008, 06:12 PM
Buddha4
Road Warrior
Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

ORIGINAL: silvrbill

RB Racing LSR's
I just replaced my Thunder header with a RB Racing LSR-Not sure if its the deeper tone but the LSRactually sounds quieter although it is still in the shop so I haven't dynoed it or hadthe RPMS upyet

Old 03-09-2008, 06:37 PM
wildy
Cruiser

I don`t get the point of this thread. Why do you want a set of pipes that will draw attention from the police. The Harley engine make in my opinion the nicest sound of all bikes and draws admiring looks from on lookers. Why spoil it and deafen everyone. When I hear bikes with very loud pipes I think it draws attention to the size of the riders manhood. I am not saying don`t get after market pipes, but keep the baffles in and have respect for your neighbours.

Old 03-09-2008, 06:55 PM
bueller
Intermediate

I always thought boom cans were damn loud, but not in a good way.

As for me, I'm done with all of that stuff. 20 years of air tools and 20 years of playing music have cost me enough of my hearing. I ride with a full face helmet and ear plugs. When I purchased my now totaled '06 883R it was equipped with a Thunderheader. I took it off and installed a stock exhaust. The X Bones I just bought to replace it will also retain the stock exhaust.

If any of you really want loud I can tell you any exhaust becomes twice as loud to rider and passenger if you install a sidecar.

They don't seem to like all of the racket very much either:

Old 03-09-2008, 07:11 PM
tramptaxi
Advanced

ORIGINAL: wildy

I don`t get the point of this thread. Why do you want a set of pipes that will draw attention from the police. The Harley engine make in my opinion the nicest sound of all bikes and draws admiring looks from on lookers. Why spoil it and deafen everyone. When I hear bikes with very loud pipes I think it draws attention to the size of the riders manhood. I am not saying don`t get after market pipes, but keep the baffles in and have respect for your neighbours.

Theres a saying that goes like this "LOUD PIPES SAVE LIVES"
and if it aint loud it aint a harley!!!!!

Finksies I have longshots too I know what your saying on the backfire.
Awesome post I think I might be buying a pair of sampsons.

Old 03-09-2008, 07:16 PM
boyer911
Advanced

bueller thats a great pic... the dogs don't even seem to mind beingairborne... ha...

Quick Reply: The LOUDEST pipes