Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Cross Bones V Rocker

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2008 | 11:03 AM
HDUK
|
Tourer
Default Cross Bones V Rocker

Now Im going to be biased asI have a Cross bones on order, but which is the better bike, I cant help but think the rocker is a Deuce with a fat rear end, and my local dealer reckons the Cross Bone is getting more attention, but a mate of mine has ordered one here in the UK and he has been given a delivery date of March 09 0ne whole year to wait, as he has been told they are building them to rder now

Old 03-02-2008 | 11:23 AM
SilverDawg
Road Captain
Default RE: Cross Bones V Rocker

The "better" bike exists in the mind of the owner. Not sure what you want to accomplish here, but both bikes look great to different buyers.

You state the Rocker is a Deuuce. Why can't you call the Cross Bones a Springer with some black parts and bike tires? Most of HD bikes are variatoins on existing platforms. Rocker is probably a little more unique in that the rear end is totally new, but it really does not matter. Nothing really too new in their world. (Until they come up with a water-cooled touring model..my guess 2010)

Enjoy your bike and don't get caught up in the "my dad can beat up your dad" discussion[8D]

Old 03-02-2008 | 12:44 PM
6165hd
Road Captain

I agree, its a matter of preference, and they are clearly two different styles of bikes, I think the rocker is more of the oc style custom bike look, and the xbones is definitely the old school back to basics.

Ive heard comments at the dealer from customers standing near by the x bones, say they wouldn't buy it because there are other bikes in the hd line up with tons of chrome and bikes that come with bags,&accessories they could purchase for the same price or close. Which maybe true, but in the end will you be happy?

Quote: Your o-pinion of me, is none of my business!!!!

Joe

Old 03-02-2008 | 12:58 PM
HDUK
|
Tourer

Fair comment SilverDawgit would be a very sad world if we all liked the same thing, of cause the cross bone is a revamped springer, and 99% of it comes from exsisting harley parts, and as 6165hd mentioned its a matter of preference, there both great bikes in there own right

Ride happy and safe

Old 03-02-2008 | 01:09 PM
bgismo20
Road Warrior

IM biased as well, but i like the crossbones better, the rocker does nothing for me at all, never liked it from the start

Old 03-02-2008 | 01:37 PM
DrawDown
Road Master

From what ive seen in person, i like the crossbones better...but then again, we all know what opinions are like...

Old 03-02-2008 | 01:39 PM
serge627
Road Master

The rocker is certainly not a Deuce with a larger rear tire. I understand since the Deuce went away in 07 and the Rocker came in 08 it seems it is a replacement. But really, I would never trade my Deuce in on a Rocker...

Old 03-02-2008 | 04:19 PM
Madd457
Intermediate

i love all Harleys, even the old Boat-tails, but for my personal ride i love my springer classic

Old 03-02-2008 | 04:59 PM
tk353
Ultimate HDF Member

water-cooled touring model 2009?
I thought they had problems with the springer front end but i guess it was a rumor. I saw them both. I think the cross bones would have more interchangeable accessories from older models.

Old 03-02-2008 | 05:26 PM
SilverDawg
Road Captain

BTW,

One thing I do not like about the Rocker is the lack of accessories. Very limited, but I hope it improves from both the MoCo and the aftermarkets. I'm waitingon some pipe from Vance and Hines. Pretty quiet with the stock crap on. I'm going with the BR 2-2 unless something else flips my fancy. They should have them out in a month or so....

Quick Reply: Cross Bones V Rocker