Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Cross Bones V Rocker

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2008 | 05:42 PM
djamann
Club Member
Veteran: Marine Corp
Default RE: Cross Bones V Rocker

I was just at the dealer's today and they had a cross bones and a rocker c sitting next to each other. I would DEFINATELY go with a cross bones over the rocker if I were in the market. the rocker doesn't do anything for me; but as said above - everyone has their own tastes

Old 03-03-2008 | 12:28 PM
RockerMike
Road Master

I will admit the X-bones is a bad a$$ looking bike; however, I liked the custom chopper look of the Rocker C. Either way, Congrats on the new scoot.

Old 03-03-2008 | 01:10 PM
Waltman
Tourer

HDUK, for what it's worth I went to my local stealer and saw the X-bonesthis weekendnext to a black w/flames paint job &chromed Rocker C. They both LOOK nice in the floor showroom and the mag pictures. Two different bikes for different tastes. Once on it, FOR ME, the X-bones felt like the bike Mickey Mouse would ride. Those ape thingies are really weak, plain tubes like my lawnmower. The seat was not comfortable with little support. The Rocker C, on the other hand, FOR ME. it has a more comfortablefeeling and right there on the floor the bike felt solid when handling it. Itried bothbikes several times and the ROCKER C rocks. If I were buying, I'd get the Rocker. Just my 2 c worth. Good luck

Old 03-03-2008 | 02:08 PM
HDUK
|
Tourer

I do think the plain Rocker is better looking than the Rocker C, but I reckon in about 1 to 2 years time where going to see a lot of good looking rockers about as people put there on personal stamp on them, some one on here put a picture together of a Rocker with a springer front end which looked very promising

Old 03-04-2008 | 09:44 AM
jackusan
Cruiser

It's all a matter of personal taste. I thought the Crossbones looked crude. To each his own, I chose the Rocker C for its custom look and for me it is the best. Pretty sad if you aren't happy with the bike you ride.

Old 03-04-2008 | 12:29 PM
xor13
Tourer

I saw and sat on both last weekend. I didn't really check out what the new models were before showing up, so they both were a bit of a surprise. I thought the Crossbones bike, equipped with 4k in extras, looked interesting at first, but the more I looked at it the less I liked it. I just don't like apes in any form, and it seemed too high when sitting in it. In the store, the Rocker didn't really catch my eye that much, and didn't leave much of an impression on me.

One thing that did surprise when I checked the specs after getting home is how the crossbones has about the worst lean angle of HD bikes.

Old 03-04-2008 | 12:38 PM
White Guy
Tourer

But it rides SOOOOOOO sweet...

ORIGINAL: xor13

I saw and sat on both last weekend. I didn't really check out what the new models were before showing up, so they both were a bit of a surprise. I thought the Crossbones bike, equipped with 4k in extras, looked interesting at first, but the more I looked at it the less I liked it. I just don't like apes in any form, and it seemed too high when sitting in it. In the store, the Rocker didn't really catch my eye that much, and didn't leave much of an impression on me.

One thing that did surprise when I checked the specs after getting home is how the crossbones has about the worst lean angle of HD bikes.

Old 03-04-2008 | 12:50 PM
lionfish
Intermediate

Beauty is definately in the eye of the beholder!!
I prefer the Rocker thats why I spent the hooley on buying one!!
That being said I`d be proud to travell any road with other Harleys no matter what the style.
It dont matter what model ya got they all carry the same brand name and koudos

Ride safe all!!

Old 03-04-2008 | 02:48 PM
Scottys RoadGilde
Cruiser

Can 'em both and bring back the deuce.

Old 03-06-2008 | 03:39 PM
loony
5th Gear

The new and improved Rocker