Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

First Ride after Iraq..thanks HD

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2006 | 11:05 AM
sfcmo357
|
Road Warrior
Default RE: First Ride after Iraq..thanks HD

BikeriInTheDesert---it's cool to be talking to you from my laptop while watching ESPN with the smell of "real" bacon in the air. You be careful over there man and it was nice talking to you while being in Baghdad. VooDoo...are you U.S. Airforce. I'ver heard the "watch your six" a million times on AFN commercials in Iraq.

Thank you to everyone.....I'm having fun and already see that I will rained out next Saturday for the ride to Goldsboro.......the weather channel is in my favorite channels now.

Old 01-29-2006 | 11:11 AM
sfcmo357
|
Road Warrior

welcome back CWO....what branch, duty station, etc and where were you deployed. I was in Baghdad this time around at Camp Victory. The first time I was there during the invasion and was actually attached to 1st Marine Exp Force out of Pendleton. Those months on the road from Kuwait to Iraq really gave me great respect for the Marine Corps...so they allowed us to wear the patch that was made for them years and years ago even though they don't wear it. Most of us in that unit don't wear it as a combat patch either out of respect for the fact that they don't wear it...but it's cool to have it in writing that That Army unit can wear it.

Old 01-29-2006 | 09:45 PM
voodoo93
Road Warrior

Brian,

Nope I am retired Navy - but the "watch your six" definitely has it's roots in Aviation, with the nose of the plane (direction of travel being 12 O'Clock) it was slang to watch out behind you - just another way of watch your A$$!! (6 O'Clock).

Old 01-29-2006 | 09:55 PM
Gadget
Tourer

Welcome back Brian - nice scoot! Got a good friend/fellow Harley rider at Camp Victory - works on the red switch there...enjoy the new ride - you've definitely earned it - thanks for helping make the world a safer place.

recently retired AF SMSgt...

Ray

Old 01-29-2006 | 10:15 PM
Harley Al
Road Captain

Welcome Home!

Ditto on all that was said in this post!

Ride Safe and Enjoy!

Old 01-29-2006 | 10:15 PM
Dave Deluxe
Advanced

God Bless you for your service to a country where you are so unappreciated by so many. Let us all know when you find a better seat. I am 6'4" tall and i need to sit back a little further, too.

Old 01-30-2006 | 11:21 PM
FBoy06
Cruiser

Nice ride. Thankyou for protecting our freedom. [sm=americanasmiley.gif] Ride safe.

Old 01-31-2006 | 12:10 AM
Babs
Outstanding HDF Member

Hey Hey Brian,
Welcome home!

Seems like just a little while ago you were debating over which hog to go with. This one or that Road King. You made a Great choice! That's an awesome scoot. Glad you're home safe and thanks again for signing that dotted line to do the job over there. Keep 'er vertical. I just get to pop on here every once and while these days but I was truly tickled to see this post. Glad you're home in one piece and enjoying the wind.. Now for Spring! C'mon warm weather!!!

Scott

Old 01-31-2006 | 01:45 PM
Abnmarine
Elite HDF Member

Brian,
I live in Fayetteville too. I'll look you up when I return if you want. I have several friends that I work with and we all ride together.

Old 02-01-2006 | 01:32 AM
Chief Badmonkey
3rd Gear

Brian,

I never served, so I appreciate the opportunity to give a hearfelt thanks to a guy like you who did. I appreciate my freedom and don't take it for granted. Thanks for all you've done for our country. Ride safe, loud, and proud. Welcome home!

Quick Reply: First Ride after Iraq..thanks HD