Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Reactions by driving public to cross bones

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2009 | 09:17 PM
Ratster
Elite HDF Member

Can't we all just get along? -Rodney King

<evil grin>

Seriously, I had been thinking about getting on back on a bike for a few years, actually since I quit racing. Really wanted a Night Train. I just didn't mainly because of an accident involving some guys I knew when they were enjoying a Sunday afternoon ride a few years ago. A lot of guys at work ride bikes, mostly Harley's. (imagine that) Some were outside smoking and I decided to join them (I don't smoke anymore) and one of them had a pamphlet from the local Harley shop. I seen the Cross Bones and the first thing I said was; "I'm gonna get me one of those". Now here's the deal. Longs story short, I obviously now own one. Interesting part of this story is... now that I bought it, I am just like a kid in a candy store at that dealership. I had no idea how nice Harleys have gotten over the years. Seems like all of them for the most part, look fantastic, and I could not feel bad for owning any of them. I'm thinking that once this damn deep freeze here in I-O-WAY subsides, I will get a chance to ride this new bike and enjoy for what it is. As far as "looks and comments" go, I'm thinking it wouldn't matter which Harley I chose to buy back on November 26th. I know there are some out there that detest this bike, but I didn't buy it for them, or anyone else. I bought it for me.

Last edited by Ratster; 01-04-2009 at 09:50 PM.
Old 01-04-2009 | 11:57 PM
Joe What
Outstanding HDF Member

this afternoon i rolled up to the gas station and there was a hot hot brunette in front pumping gas in her car, when she finished she walked over and told me she wanted to have my baby. A flash went through my mind recalling this post, looked down and guess what, i was rolling in my rocker... Xbones r nice but rockers ar nicer..just kidding about the baby thing...lol

Old 01-05-2009 | 05:29 AM
dbleagle
Ultimate HDF Member

I have a X-Bones and do get a lot of comments on it...

But then again, I get the same thing on my Sportster....

People like different and both of mine are different...

All that being said... I could care if anyone liked either...

Charlie D.

Old 01-05-2009 | 07:18 AM
BigGdawg
Club Member

I had a Springer Softail and sold it because it couldn't have footboards put on it without a lot of hassle. FX frames are different than FL frames. Coulda fooled me because I thought all Big Twins had the same frame. I rode the Crossbones in 2008 when they were new and really thought it was a great factory chopper. The new ones with flat black paint do not attract me as much as the ones with Vivid Black, but that's my taste.

Old 01-05-2009 | 07:26 AM
jknowlton
Road Master

I get the same reactions with my NightTrain that my buddy gets with his Cross Bones. I went up to Orange County Choppers open house, and had people taking pictures of my Night Train. People always ask if I had the engine blackened. Local cops pulled up next to me just to talk to me about the bike. Another time, had a cop pull me over for speeding, told me "nice bike and slow down".

The three that I always look at from HD, is the Night Train, Cross Bones and Rockers....

Happy riding!

Old 01-05-2009 | 07:49 AM
xbones_eric
Intermediate

I have an 08 crossbones and have gotten nothing but positive comments on the bike.
lots of thumbs ups and the biggest is "what year is that?!"

The funniest was sitting in rush hour traffic in down town philly some guy pulls up next to me at the light and starts asking me all kinds of questions. Turns out he was thinking about getting one so he want my .02 on it. We ended up holding up traffic a little.

Only once or twice has it been a pain. Like I am trying to get some where and people stop and ask about the bike.

Old 01-05-2009 | 08:15 AM
SIXR
Banned

Xbones, Springers Trains and Bad Boys...how can you not get stares and oogles with these badazz bikes. The Dark Side!!!

Old 01-05-2009 | 08:48 AM
imboden
Stellar HDF Member

cross bones almost made me sell my night train and buy up. instead I dumped some money into my train and bought a springer frontend with a fat spoke front wheel. I couldn't be happier now.

Old 01-05-2009 | 09:08 AM
hellfish
Tourer

Yeah it's funny I wasnt expecting reactions from people about riding my bike around (first one) ...but when I'm on the road on my Heritage I get someone rolling down their window saying something positive to me ever couple of days. Had a couple of people walk up to me in a parking lot asking questions. Pretty cool feeling, just unexpected!

Old 01-05-2009 | 10:36 AM
dusty2221
Road Master

I love the look of the crossbones. I've noticed when I pass one I usually stare a bit harder at them vs other bikes. The just look great rolling down the road.

Quick Reply: Reactions by driving public to cross bones