Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Reactions by driving public to cross bones

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2008 | 09:17 PM
1of2
"Moderator"
Default RE: Reactions by driving public to cross bones

ORIGINAL: lionsm13

ORIGINAL: dawidmer

"Am I missing something?"

uh...yes.
Please elaborate oh wise one ofwhat I am missing about this "special" cross bones bike?

As I said in my previous post that you so convienently forgot to put in, that it looks like a springer softailto me.

Again, am I missing something?

I have noticed several times you have rude responses to people ruining good threads. Then I look back at your history and realize your just constantly looking for trouble. Why do you have to be a dick to everyone?? Can't you just play nice or stfu? If I had to guess what you are missing I think it would have to be common courtesy.

Old 02-21-2008 | 10:55 PM
spike95
Road Master

When I pull up to stop lights people roll their windows up and don't say a word to me. What does that say about my bike?

Old 02-21-2008 | 10:56 PM
spike95
Road Master

I can see the new ad slogan now... "You meet the friendliest people on a Cross Bones!"

Just kidding. I think it's a cool bike and I'm a little shocked that Harley had the nuts to come out with it.

Old 02-21-2008 | 11:16 PM
Sarge4life
Road Captain

Spike,

That's a bad @ss looking seat.IMO, not many bikes look good with brown leather, but yours rocks. I'm seriously considering brown leather for mine, but it is down on my list of wants (after pipes, intake, TFI, and 16" apes). Especially since I just put the Brawler on.

Old 02-21-2008 | 11:23 PM
spike95
Road Master

Thanks Sarge! I think a really dark brown seat would look great on your bike. You could just recover your brawler. No need to buy another seat.

Old 02-21-2008 | 11:31 PM
scarygt
Road Master

It means that your bike is FN loud and you are one SCARY looking ****!

ORIGINAL: spike95

When I pull up to stop lights people roll their windows up and don't say a word to me. What does that say about my bike?

Old 02-22-2008 | 02:24 AM
deadeye
Road Warrior

ORIGINAL: spike95

What does it say about you? Just kiddin! Nice ride.

Ireally like the Cross Bones. The reaction I'd be worried about is drivers get so distracted looking at it that they wreck!

Old 02-23-2008 | 02:01 AM
kato1964
Road Warrior

I dropped by the local dealership the other day, hoping to see one in person. No such luck. I owned four bikes before my Fat Boy, and received hardly any comments on them. Probably got more comments the first day I rode my Fatty home from the dealership, than I'd gotten on all my other bikes combined. (Partly because it is, IMHO, a cool looking bike, but also because it was St. Paddy's Day, and 2C out...lol) Glad you're enjoying the new ride, and the attention it brings. I think that is part of the fun of owning a Harley. I look forward to seeing one in person.

Old 02-23-2008 | 06:30 AM
GymRat523
Road Warrior

I only have 120 miles on mine, weather problems, I ordered the back pillion and sissy bar but the rear peg brackets are on backorder til 4/25, they did a nice job coming out with a old school round bar round top black sissybar, my Sampson exhaust are also on back order til 3/22, hopefully in 3 weeks it will be done except the pegs. New models can be a pain.

Old 02-23-2008 | 07:55 AM
Texas Fat Boy
Extreme HDF Member

Okay I'll jump in and get my *** chewed out too but,
the "Cross Bones" has a "Springer" front end.
How could you not think it is in the "Springer family"?

Actually to me with the fat front tire, it fits in the "Bobber Family".

It's a great looking retro bike and will surely get lots of good comments from people seeing one.

I get lots of comments from "old dudes" (yes they'repeople older than me) at gas stations, asking about my bike and telling me of bikes they've had in the past. Kinda cool when that happens. Those old guys are always smiling when they talk about their bikes the've owned.

Quick Reply: Reactions by driving public to cross bones