Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Lowrider vs. Softail Custom

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2008, 01:28 AM
Leonc69
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Lowrider vs. Softail Custom

Todd,
My advise to you is to form your own opinion by trying them both. I'm sure that if your local dealer knows he/she has a guaranteed sale that they would be glad to set you up with test rides or better yet for you to rent one of each for a day so you can take the bikes out and put them through their paces. Then you can make the most informed decision I think you can make. The wisdom and valuable knowledge gained here from this post will still leave you without a feeling of absolute certainty without some real life road time in the saddle. Everyone's experiences are different and looks on a bike can be deceiving. Consider Peter Fonda's account of riding the most memorable bike in history:" She looked cool but was a BI$%H to ride, but she looked cool."

That said, I love my 07 FXSTC. It was the best and only choice once I set foot in the dealership.

Leon.

Old 02-18-2008, 06:47 AM
Vikingnomad
Road Captain

I love my '07 FXSTC, I rode a Dyna in California this past fall and it was a nice ride but I LOVE my Softail Custom, the look, the ride, the forward controlls and there are some many things that can be done to a Softail to customize it further....but that's just my opinion...good luck brother I'm sure you'll be happy which ever one you choose.

Bone

Old 02-18-2008, 11:12 AM
mike@nhca.us
Tourer

Its your call. I rode a Dyna-wide Glide after I bought my Softail Custom and I was SO happy I bought the Custom.

With the Dyna it sat and vibrated my teeth at idle and had sweet spots where it did not shake. I found myself adjusting speed based on what the bike wanted.

My Softail is smooth all the time with a wide power band that is always available. No comparison.

The other point some guys mentioned is also true. You sit in a softail and on a dyna.

That may be why some folks say the dyna is more aggressive, I dont know.

I do know I can grind pegs with only a little effort on my custom.

Love windy New Hampshire roads, not like, Love.

Mike

Old 02-18-2008, 01:05 PM
Airborne350G
Club Member
Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

The big questionI have "Are you going to ride with a passenger at any time?" And are you worried about their comfort. The reason I ask is that the new Dyna's have the passenger foot rest mounted to the swing arm so every bump gets transmitted to the passengers feet. I did not notice that when I bought my Wide Glide. If I did I would not have bought it and would have went with the Custom or Night Train. I still love my Wide Glide but as you can see in the pics it is now set up as a solo rider.