Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fender Scrape

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2006 | 10:53 PM
Edmo
|
Road Master
Default RE: Fender Scrape

geno,

This bull sh#$ IS coming from the top! HD has reviewed my pics from various angles and made the call... No warranty coverage on my 6 month old bike.

As set up from the factory, the chrome upper cover for my front fork rubbed the fender and caused abrasion on the paint. This is as much a workmanship issue as any you could find.

Next week is lawyer shopping time.

Edmo

Old 02-18-2006 | 11:29 PM
itsahog
Cruiser

Man, What a crock of ****! I would sell as well. In fact, this will weigh VERY heavy when I purchase my next bike. I had a Victory prior, had an issue with the tranny and they replaced the entire tranny with NO HASSLE. I would recommend Victory if your switching, at least they are American made and the new models are solid. I had a issue with my HD and they were perfect. Dealer took immediate care of me so I am happy but this coming from HD brass sucks. I think it all comes down to the dealer, and your dealer must suck big time. Good luck Edmo.

Old 02-19-2006 | 12:38 AM
DMSC
Road Master

ORIGINAL: Edmo

geno,

This bull sh#$ IS coming from the top! HD has reviewed my pics from various angles and made the call... No warranty coverage on my 6 month old bike.

As set up from the factory, the chrome upper cover for my front fork rubbed the fender and caused abrasion on the paint. This is as much a workmanship issue as any you could find.

Next week is lawyer shopping time.

Edmo
I would at the very least demand that a H-D rep actually look at the in PERSON! I can't beleive they just looked at pics and made this call...what a crock!

I wonder if your dealer is "on your side" hear and telling H-D things that make them think you've wrecked the bike or something silmilar...