Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rocker Owners.

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2008 | 01:33 PM
pat112
|
Intermediate
Default Rocker Owners.

To all that have the Rocker, A question, due to the wide 240 rear tire, do you have to really lean the bike to turn?? This is my biggest fear with a wide rear tire.
Thanks in advance for some repiles.

Old 02-06-2008 | 03:01 PM
MartyF
Cruiser
Default RE: Rocker Owners.

The answer is no. I was concerned with that very same question. That is why I insisted on a demo before purchase. The handling is very balanced and the 240 was not an issue.

Old 02-06-2008 | 03:45 PM
pat112
|
Intermediate

Thanks Marty F Did you end up getting the rocker after the demo?? and if so how do you like it. May get one down the road. I have my low rider deliver in May. May use the low rider for long rides and the rocker for a "toy" around town and short rides. Again thanks for you reply.

Old 02-06-2008 | 04:22 PM
MartyF
Cruiser

Pat112,

I did end up purchasing the blue Rocker C. It has a real nice ride.
Congrats in advance on the Lowrider.

Old 02-06-2008 | 10:18 PM
SilverDawg
Road Captain

I too was concerned how it would handle, but as stated above, it is very easy to handle and corners very easily. You can tell it is a bigger tire, but really not much different than other softies.

John

Old 02-07-2008 | 09:44 AM
pat112
|
Intermediate

Thanks for your answers. I am going down to my local HD 'ship and leave a deposit for one, but will ask for a demo ride when they get some more in But from what you have said it handles well and corners easily, I should not have problem.

Old 02-07-2008 | 03:32 PM
gilbdx
6th Gear

Hey rocker owners

I need information about the passenger seat and sissi bar of the rocker standard. Is it possible to adapt these parts on the rocker C even changing the rocker standard driver seat. Do you have any idea ? I ride a fat boy and my wife is fine with this bike. Can you compare the comfort of a fat boy and the rocker standard or C ?

Old 03-11-2008 | 06:24 PM
kellyknapp
Stage III

To answer some of your Rocker questions...I am a female 5'7" rider and can handle the bike without difficulties!! Turns much easier and rides so much smother than my ol sportie!! As to the comfort of the Rocker C "trick" passenger seat...I as a female would NOT ride on this. Maybe if you are a smaller passenger for a very short ride then OK, otherwise forget it!! I was told at the dealer the the trick seat iss standard on my Rocker C and they did "not recommend" changing to the solo from the Rocker. Not sure why? Iwas too excited about the new bike to worry at that time.
Now here is my question...has anyone changed your exhaust? If so what did you put on and how was.is the fit? I am having trouble finding any performance exhaust that will fit given the oil tank and the tire????
Thanks for any help in advance!!
KK

Old 03-11-2008 | 07:09 PM
REBELWEST
Advanced

The Rocker C handles awesome!!! That is the only word that comes to mind. Ihonestly love the way my bike rides and handles.Also i have had three different people on the back of my Rocker C and they said that the ride is no different than some other softails! All I can say is godemo one, you will be impressed!!!

Old 03-11-2008 | 07:26 PM
emsley3
Advanced

As stated above, the Rocker handles great. I too was concerned about the 240 rear but it is not a problem. KK, as far as I know from talking to dealers and reading some threads on here, there really aren't any pipes out that will fit the Rocker yet. Vance & Hines is having to modify some of their current pipe models to fit on the Rocker correctly. I believe I heard their was too much stress on the softail versions they currently sell. I also know that the seat manufacturer's such as Corbin are working on seats as well. Kind of a wait and see approach until more accessories become available.

Paul

Quick Reply: Rocker Owners.