Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rocker Owners.

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2008 | 08:12 PM
Harley Bass
Cruiser
Default RE: Rocker Owners.

Take a look at Heartland USA. They have the Stage 1 Rock-N-Bobber seat kit. It replaces the stock seat with a cool 2 spring seat in either Tan or Black. If you want a little more you can go with the Stage 2 Bobber Fender kit. It is equally cool. I'm going with the Stage 1 as soon as it's available (4 to 6 weeks). I love the bilke, but not the stock seat. I'm also waiting on Vance & Hines to make the Big Radius fit the Rocker. I believe they are looking at about the same time frame also. It's great to hear all the positive feedback on this bike from people whohave actuallybought and riden these bikes instead of all the negatives out there from people who have never riden one, own one, or know anybody who owns one. It may bewhole new deal for a lot of people, but hey everybody, it's still a Harley Davidson. And as everybody says on this forum, that's just my 2 cents worth.

Old 03-12-2008 | 12:31 PM
jackusan
Cruiser

The handling of the bike is awesome. I was worried about low speed U-turns, thinking the fat rear tire would push the front tire across the pavement. Doesn't happen. I took my bike to a parking lot and practiced turns with the bars all the over to the right and left and it tracked right along. You can feel a little difference from a standard size tire, but the smoothness of the motor just lets you pull right through the tightest turns. I am confident I can turn this bike around on any normal road. I did find it pretty easy to put the "curb feelers" down on the ground in the parking lot.Don't worry about the handling on the Rocker, Harley already figured it out. Also my wife rode on the trick seat last weekend and was fine with it. She is 5'7" and about 130lbs. She said you could feel the bigger bumps, but it was otherwise comfortable and big enough that she didn't think she would fall off the back. But Hey, I've seen girls ride on a pea-pad suctioned cup to the rear fender of a hard-tail. I can assure you the Rocker C trick seat is a whole lot more comfortable thanthat. No one expects you to go cross countryonit.

Old 05-12-2008 | 11:09 AM
GIGGYHOLE
1st Gear

Put over 1000 miles on my 2008, love it. Handles very well. Rides smooth. Back seat is not an issue, my girlfriend says the ride is a hell of a lot better than riding on my sporty. I had Vance Hines pipes put on, along with Screaming Eagle intake. Bags also, though the bags seem a little small. I willhave windshield installed next oil change.

Old 05-12-2008 | 11:15 AM
GIGGYHOLE
1st Gear

I had Vance Hines pipes and Screaming Eagle intake put on my 2008 Rocker C, from the dealer here in Long Island, N.Y. Got 13 more HP, sound is awsome. Looks great.

Old 05-12-2008 | 11:49 AM
Mueller
Intermediate

Just wanted to share my opinion, you know what that is worth... lol. I have been on a Road King the past two years and just got my Rocker with V&H Big Radius and a Stage 1 upgrade a week ago. I bought it without having ridden it and am glad I have it now. The seat on the regular Rocker is pretty comfortable and I am a big boy, 6'2", 250lbs. I was surprised at how easily it handled. You do need to lean though, as it is easy to over muscle that little front tire ... most people who have ridden before know not to do that. It is very agile and like others have said, you don't have to compensate a bunch for the fat read end... I mean the bike's, not mine.

I just added the removable wind screen and it helps on the highway a bit keeping the bug count to a minimum... bugs on teeth that is. It is loud, quick, responsive as hell and I think a great ride. I don't want my rocker to be a bagger, just want to ride. You should get one if you like the look. I still have my Road King if I want to take someone along, so the Rocker is just for me.

Old 05-12-2008 | 12:01 PM
gadawgsfan
Cruiser

guys and girls,
the bike handles great, it is a very small difference turning than most smaller rear tires (imo) it took me about 10 mins in a parking lot to get used toit.
as for the ones who want to put exhaust on there bikes it can be done, and all the other goodies as well. here is what i think happens with a new model. everybody including the parts book from h.d says it will not fit the rocker or it will say except rocker, well that may be true for alot of the stuff but its not true for all of the stuff, i think they have not tried all of the things out there after producing the bike and so they say it will not fit, i know more about the rocker c than the parts guys at the dealer and you will soon find out that you do also. the big radius from vance and hines will fit if you get the bracket made from one of our forum members (rocketman69) i have them on mine with his bracket, along with a few other mods that people say will not work on the rocker,you can view it here LOWERED ROCKER C AND OTHER MODS.as far as the passenger seat goes my girlfriend has rode with me for around 500 miles, the longest being 120 miles with a few stops after about 50 or 60 miles she starts getting a little sore, now if she had a back rest she says she can ride alot further.when someone makes a back rest for the current set up i will be installing it as well. all in all the bike is great.

gadawgsfan

Old 05-12-2008 | 12:22 PM
flyburch
Road Master

the rocker is the easiest i think of all my bikes to ride i love it not a moment of regrets. my wife has also been on the back about 40 min when i first got it and didnt have a problem with it.. I did though she wouldnt hang on to used to the backrests on my bikes and im afraid she will fall off so ill keep her riding it to a minimum

Old 05-12-2008 | 01:20 PM
keithab
Advanced

I had V&H Big Radius, a Power Commander III USB, and K&N air put on mine. I think the pipes really set the bike off and have gotten a ton of compliments on the looks and sound. I went from a Heritage Classic to this and I honesly think the Rocker is easier to handle. I have had no regrets since buying it.

Keith

[IMG]local://upfiles/60182/141B11AE88374B059C08E8845FD38113.jpg[/IMG]

Old 05-12-2008 | 01:25 PM
fastcash0523
Cruiser

I just recently received my "C" from the dealer. I had them put the 'standard" rocker seat and the passenger pillion and seat that goes with it on my "C". My girlfriend and I ride everywhere, and she states how comfortable this set-up is. She is more pleased with this than that little "pea" pad that comes with the "C" trick seat. You can put the standard rocker seat on the rocker "C".

Old 05-12-2008 | 01:27 PM
willyplumberboy
Intermediate

Yah, I thought I might have some trouble with handleing, seeing as my bro has a 08 v rod and that was my only experiance withe the 240 tire, and it handled ok but you had to consciously lean the bike to turn, not so on the rocker, something with the rake and the length it tracks beautifully, I absolutley love riding my rocker!!

Quick Reply: Rocker Owners.